Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Help] Rippling/pulsing effect when printing straight line

Posted by pthieu 
[Help] Rippling/pulsing effect when printing straight line
February 09, 2016 03:09PM
When I print my lines are straight but the width seems to "pulse" or "ripple" in a periodic manner:

It might seem ok but once the layers start building up on each other, it gets "wavy" and I no longer get smooth straight walls:

Things I have tried:
- Changing temperature of hot end and bed
- Changing print speed
- Changing extrusion width

None of these have fully solved the issue.

Things I am going to try:
- Check extruder motor is calibrated (don't know how to do this accurate aside from trial and error).
- Installed e3d v6 lite, so maybe have to see if the heating element is set properly? Not sure here.
- Read how this person fixed his rippling: by unbundling his cable management. My cables are wrapped up pretty tightly so maybe this is a feasible solution.

Aside from the above, I'm not really sure what the issue is. I'm not even sure if the ripple and the side walls being "wavy" are related, I'm just going by the fact that they appeared at the same time. Am I not seeing something obvious here? It used to print straight lines, then added auto bed levelling an e3d v6 lite clone I bought off of ebay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 03:09PM by pthieu.
Re: [Help] Rippling/pulsing effect when printing straight line
February 09, 2016 04:07PM
It appears I've posted to the wrong sub-forum. Anyone know how to move? Or do I just delete and re-post?

EDIT: I've re-posted in the correct sub-forum, if a mod can close this thread, would be great. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 04:13PM by pthieu.
Re: [Help] Rippling/pulsing effect when printing straight line
March 13, 2016 01:28PM
i think there is something wrong ( maybe need calibration ) with ur extruder first . on the other hand when i am getting prints that hhave this effect most common use is something is loose on the frame. yesterday i ve found that i haven't tied enough my y axis rods. just do a check .

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login