Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need a 4mm Bowden tube push clip, but I'd rather print it...?

Posted by HighLikeAladdin 
I need a 4mm Bowden tube push clip, but I'd rather print it...?
January 15, 2017 11:45PM
Just got my printer a week ago. Calibrated and tinkered for three days to get it to print even layers.. Got my first good print then I switched colors and clogged the shit out of my hot end. It was absolutely horrid. I couldn't get filament through at all pushing hard with pliers.... I didn't know you could unscrew the finned section from the square section on the bottom and spent 2 days trying to unclog it by poking a red hot Allen wrench through the hole. Finally I resorted to torching my hot end hot smiley lol. It did the trick, but needless to say the Bowden tube clip melted along with my clog and fused together. I then pulled out the clog and out came the clip.

I've seen some online but they all seem to come from China and I know they'd take forever to ship... is there NOT A STL FILE FOR THIS SIMPLE PART? I know it's small but definitely printable. I'm still learning to use SketchUp. I don't like the user interface and plan to purchase Simplify3D. Until then, could someone either point me to the file or design one for me? That'd be great. 4mm Bowden tube width. moody smiley

EDIT: Wellllllll, I just noticed the clip has tiny metal teeth that grip the inside of the hot end.... RIP my first post... spent alot of time taking pics sad smiley smileys with beersmoking smiley

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 12:27AM by HighLikeAladdin.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2180.JPG (347.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_2181.JPG (419.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_2182.JPG (64.4 KB)
Re: I need a 4mm Bowden tube push clip, but I'd rather print it...?
January 31, 2017 10:18AM
I think this is probably what your after. [e3d-online.com] and if your in the US, Filastruder.com has these items too.
Re: I need a 4mm Bowden tube push clip, but I'd rather print it...?
October 31, 2017 12:15PM
If you do not mind a 10mm screw fitting, try https://grabcad.com/library/bowden-coupler-1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login