Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Murrieta - Need Help

Posted by 135flyer 
Murrieta - Need Help
May 28, 2013 03:23PM
All,

I am in Murrieta ( just north of Temecula) and I am looking for some help with my Prusa I2... I have it built and have printed a few test cubes but I need some help getting it fine tuned. I am having problems with bridging and my prints not sticking to the print bed. I have a heated print bed and have tried both PLA and ABS. Any help would be appreciated!! Let me know what it would take!!
Re: Murrieta - Need Help
June 05, 2013 09:05PM
Almost all adhesion issues are due to the surface coating. For ABS, make sure you're using KAPTON (polyamide) tape. PLA works on heated glass and blue painters tape. If one doesn't work, try the other. As far as bridging, do you have a cooling fan pointed at the piece?
Re: Murrieta - Need Help
June 09, 2013 06:24PM
I am using ABS on a heated bed, sheet of window glass on that, clamped down with those springy paper clips, with blue painters tape on that. The tape has a waxy coating on it which I rub off with acetone applied to a cotton cloth. Your first layer is just about the most important thing, so if that moves at all, abort the print! I used to use Kapton tape but it was hard to apply without bubbles, although there is a nice video of dipping that in soapy water first then applying it. The painters tape is easier to handle and replace for me. I think everyone get a different system to work for them. I recommend an infrared temp gauge to see what the bed temperature really is.
Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login