Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKEINFORGE manuals suddenly disappeared

Posted by Harald Horn 
SKEINFORGE manuals suddenly disappeared
November 07, 2016 01:29PM
Dear all,

as I did not find a proper SKEINFORGE thread anywhere else, I hope its ok to open this question in this area. I am owner of a Mendel90 from Nophead, printing for more than 2 years now. Every now and then I am trying to start using another slicer than SKEINFORGE but so far I always returned to SKEINFORGE. Maybe I am too stupid to establish the necessary settings in Slicer, Cura or elsewhere - or maybe SKEINFORGE is just too good?

Anyway - today I ran into problems with a print and tried to look into some parameters using the manuals. But every time I am trying to access any manual (for instance looking for the help docs for FILL), I end up on a 404 website: (http://fabmetheus.crsndoo.com/wiki/Skeinforge_Fill) where it says: Error 404: the page you requested was not found

Has anybody else experienced the same problem? Does anybody know where the help pages were moved?

Thanks for any feedback.

BR, Harald
Re: SKEINFORGE manuals suddenly disappeared
November 07, 2016 03:56PM
I emailed the author, Enrique Perez, about it in Feb. He said he would ask Bogdan Kecman slowly to sort it (I think it must be his server) but nothing seems to have happened.

There is a copy of the documentation in the Skeinforge folder, not as good as the Wiki version.

You can view the Wiki version with the Wayback Machine, but it is a bit slow: [web.archive.org].

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 12, 2016 05:06AM
Thanks a lot Chris -

it is a pitty that nothing has happened, but thanks again for the alternative links.

By the way: In case you would have to use a different Slicer than SKEINFORGE - which one would you choose? And would there be any initial configuration table available for this alternative, that would fit the default settings that you have recommended for SKEINFORGE?

I have been trying Slicr and Cura but I am not happy about the results at all. Maybe you can give a bit of advice?

BR, Harald
November 12, 2016 10:19AM
I have occasionally tried others but never got the right dimensions, so I stick with Skeinforge. I will write my own slicer one day!

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 13, 2016 08:57AM
:-) that would be very cool. Take care, H
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login