Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Mendel90 Sturdy Frame

Posted by Jata 
Help with Mendel90 Sturdy Frame
June 26, 2016 08:47PM
I have sourced almost all the parts but I am having trouble getting the schematics for the frame are there any technical drawings that list the dimensions to be cut by hand? I don't have a laser, CNC, or a big enough printer that will print the PDFs on a single sheet. Is there a way to display the frame plans so that I can measure the cuts by hand? Thanks!
Re: Help with Mendel90 Sturdy Frame
June 27, 2016 04:28AM
There are only DXF files for CNC and PDFs for manual drilling. You can print the PDFs in multiple sheets and tape them together. Adobe Acrobat reader can print it across multiple sheets with alignment marks.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 27, 2016 04:35AM
The dimensions of the sheets are defined in BOM. I bought them cut to size and then just had to cut out the gantry and drill the holes myself.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 05, 2016 07:14PM
I just printed out the PDF files, taped them together, then taped them to the MDF. I also traced around them carefully with a fine point marker just in case one of the sheets came loose while I was cutting/drilling.

BTW, I also sealed the MDF with black polyurethane before assembly. THe edges soak up the stuff like a sponge for the first few coats, but it is worth doing - moisture/humid conditions make MDF swell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login