Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel 90 LCD Setup

Posted by b8tfk 
Mendel 90 LCD Setup
March 06, 2016 01:28PM
Hello Guys,

Its been a long time since i have been on reprap forum due to the excellent build and setup of Nopheds Mendel90 that i have been using for years now. ( no issues what so ever! )

The reason for the topic is i am trying to make my mendel standalone with a LCD, i know i can use a Pi but that's not what i want.

Can anyone help me set up my mendel to have a LCD? I have two types of LCDs i would like one of them to work. I have spent hours and hours trying to get it working with no luck.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141763166113

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Many thanks
Re: Mendel 90 LCD Setup
March 07, 2016 01:38PM
Couple of questions:

1. which version of marlin are you using?
2. how is it not working? (i.e. what step have you managed to get to?)
March 09, 2016 01:39PM
Thanks for the response,

its the original firmware that came with it back in 2012, i would like to upgrade!
and i can get the firmware right its full of errors when i add U8glib and and i can define “#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER” ( id does not exists )

any help is much appreciated
March 10, 2016 02:56PM
No problem,
you may want to start looking at an alternative version of marlin such as T3P3's version: [github.com] which has LCD support or this one here: [forums.reprap.org]

i personally use the former but would probably move over to the later. I believe both of these have LCD support. I have a panelolu 2 on my mendel90 with T3P3's version, however, there was still some tweaking involved to get it to workl!

I would suggest having a download of Neils version, down at the bottom of the configuration.h file should be settings to enable LCD screens. Your other option would be to merge in the LCD support, but this can be quite complex!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login