Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino can't find Melzi

Posted by BSBMX 
Arduino can't find Melzi
February 21, 2016 04:35PM
I've downloaded Arduino 1.0.6 and the latest Marlin from Github onto a new laptop (printer still works fine, but the original computer I used to set it up is fried). I'm having an issue that when I go into Arduino, I can open the Marlin file just fine, but when I go to Tools-->Board, the Melzi is not an option in the board list. What am I missing here?
Re: Arduino can't find Melzi
February 22, 2016 09:26AM
The board support package for Melzi. It isn't an official Arduino so they don't support it.

The one supplied with the kit is here: [github.com]. You need to copy it to the Aduino hardware directory. I don't know if it works with 1.0.6 as 1.0.1 was supplied with the kit.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 22, 2016 06:16PM
Thanks Nophead, that did the trick.

I already had that Github file you linked, just didn't have the Melzi folder copied into the Arduino hardware folder. Once I did that, it now shows up and my computer is now 'speaking' to the printer. FYI, so far, the 1.0.6 version is working well.

For the future, do you think the Marlin 1.0.0 (that you linked) and the Arduino 1.0.1 (or 1.0.6) is the latest/greatest for Mendel90? Is that what you're currently still using?
February 23, 2016 04:44AM
Well it still works as well as it did three years ago but Neil Darlow maintains a more up to date version here: [github.com]. I actually run an older version of Neil's with a few tweaks on my machines now.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login