Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Screw wobble

Posted by zug 
zug
Z Screw wobble
May 29, 2013 10:38AM
Hello,
How much is the z-threaded rod meant to 'wobble' as the carriage moves up and down? I have tried a lot to get to rotate perfectly central but it always ends up wobbling and the right hand one knocks against the smooth rod holder as the carriage gets towards the bottom. Is this a problem?
Re: Z Screw wobble
May 29, 2013 12:28PM
They can wobbly but if it hits the bar clamp I think that is excessive and might cause problems.

Have you aligned the flat on the motor shaft so it faces the split in the Z couplers?

If the lead screw is bent near the bottom end you could try fitting the other way up. I test them all for straightness so they should be pretty straight, but they are never perfect.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 29, 2013 04:24PM
I had a similar problem, then I wrapped some electrical tape around the ends of the threaded rods to widen them. Fit much better now with next to no wobbling.
May 30, 2013 03:34AM
I discovered that if during the initial calibration, when the carriage is all the way at the top (Z-home) and before you level the bed, you can release the clamps at the bottom a little to let the screws settle a bit. When you tighten them up again they are now much less prone to wobbling as the carriage moves up and down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login