Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My experiences building the Mendel90 from a kit

Posted by marcosscriven 
My experiences building the Mendel90 from a kit
December 26, 2012 02:50PM
Finally got around to blogging about my experiences building a Mendel90 from Nop Head's kit:

[marcos.scriven.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 03:36PM by marcosscriven.
Thanks for the very thorough write-up. I too have been on the fence as to which printer to buy as the technology is moving so fast. I have read nophead's blog for a while so I have seen some of the great work he has done but getting to see how a newbie like myself faired is definitely steering me in this direction. Thanks again!
Re: My experiences building the Mendel90 from a kit
December 28, 2012 04:49AM
Glad it's of help - do you think you'll be building one soon then?
Re: My experiences building the Mendel90 from a kit
December 29, 2012 08:20PM
I am definitely getting close, just have to save the funds. I keep waiting dip my toe in the water waiting for a kit that seems like it is made well and will produce quality parts. As I said, I have been reading nophead's blog and seen the quality of what he can produce so that is what I think is pushing me to finally settle on the Mendel90 kit he offers. It was the detail of your post that has convinced me he has really put the time in to make a quality kit. I have seen other kits where the documentation appears lackluster despite the machine seeming to be well engineered (Makergear M2) or just a little too pricey for what they are. The Mendel90 kit seems to strike a good balance.

Any chance you can post more videos of the unit printing or of the final results?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login