Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calilfornia Reprappers sound off

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Calilfornia Reprappers sound off
November 09, 2007 01:46AM
Dan,

In Portola Valley, CA (go to Palo Alto and miss).
Who else is out there?
Re: Calilfornia Reprappers sound off
November 18, 2007 10:17AM
In Pacific Grove, down the coast a ways from you.
In Newcastle, 80-E towards Reno, past Sacramento just before you get to Auburn. I get to the bay area once a month or so.
niv
November 21, 2007 01:40AM
i'm in oakland - but i'm just starting to play with a rep strap - trying to put together a mcwire platform and some steppers liberated from old printers.
niv
November 27, 2007 03:46PM
I'm in San Francisco, at the California Academy of Sciences, but our shop's RepRap is in pieces on the floor until we open, and have 5 minutes to work on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 09:55PM by Jon Britton.
May 21, 2008 11:59PM
Santa Cruz, CA. I don't have a RepRap yet but I'm going to build one.
I'm in Santa Clara. I *really* want to do this. Thinking hard about it, looking for a kit if there is one... wondering how long it would take me with only amateurish electronics skills...
I'm in Redwood City. Anybody get a whole machine working yet?
I'm in Willits. I am looking at building either a Darwin or a US version (built with non-metric parts that are more easily found here)

I have access to a few metal working tools, so I should be able to fab the larger frames without too much trouble
June 19, 2008 12:03AM
Mountain View, CA. Starting to get the first PCBs and parts together for a RepStrap. There seems to be a 3D printer at toolshop.ws that could potentially be used for printing a set of Darwin parts.
wow, there's a lot of us here
i'm in concord/walnut creek and i go to school in SF
tox
October 25, 2008 04:44PM
Alameda, here. Have ordered electronics, abs, and a mcwire acrylic kit from rrrf, servos from the manufacturer. Need to go pick up the mechanical components (threaded rod, etc.). Anyone local have time/interest in printing/loaning some darwin parts for me? I'd be happy to print a set in return when mine is running, or return the used parts whenever. Headed to a conference in early November that I'm hoping to use to help the spread of reprap, but not looking good in terms of getting it together in time.
October 28, 2008 11:44PM
Santa Rosa here. Glad to see so many bay area reprappers! Hopefully we can learn from each other.

I'm starting up a reprap project at Sonoma State University where I'm a student and we should have a kit in progress next semester. I may get my own kit going before then though, especially if I can find some folks nearby to hack with. I'm more of a programmer than a hardware guy though I do know electronics basics and own enough equipment to get a build done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2008 12:03AM by obscurite.
Alameda here.
Tox
January 16, 2009 01:28AM
...I'm also in Alameda. I've got most (all?) of the parts, still need to solder up the servo boards, test, and assemble.
January 23, 2009 05:50PM
I split my time between the North/East Bay (Martinez) and The south Bay (Sunnyvale)

I have a 3 axis CNC.

My plan has been to make some cast parts. I am now thinking of adapting the CNC to act as a RepStrap by adding in an extruder head.

Since 2000 I have been working with Atmel AVR micros. I am not real enthused about Arduino yet.
January 30, 2009 02:32PM
Another one from Santa Clara...

I'm going to start with the extruder, as I'm still mulling ideas for the cartesian bot. I'd appreciate it if someone could mail me a couple samples of filament to work with...
I'm at Cal Poly, SLO right now, but I'm a Santa Cruz native. I'm looking to build one sometime in the near future, but ponoko looks a bit expensive. If someone would be willing to print off some parts, I'd really appreciate it. We could pass on the favor when someone else needs to build one, or we could help with the expenses of printing the parts, if that's an issue. Thanks!
Anonymous User
February 20, 2009 03:56PM
I'm in Berkeley, building a McWire.

I have all the parts for everything but the extruder. Almost done with the Cartesian "bot", soon moving on the electronics.

I'd love to meet up with other reprappers to drink some beer and solder some boards.

Cheers,
Peter
Hi, I'm back and forth between Santa Cruz, CA, and Ashland, OR, and have been wanting to be part of a group which builds a Reprap and shares the how to build it knowledge with with others and we start to make things and give it some life..., after all, it's a most incredible technology with incredible potential benefits. I have some resources for parts and a small lab where we can build. I would like to assemble a team to put one together the right way and make it work well. Then we all benefit.

Please send me an email and indicate your interest and let's move forward. I'll volunteer to organize the beginning efforts, then let's become self organizing. How about we aim for a complete functioning unit by September 1, 2009!

The time is now. You can also call me at 831-234-2559. Thank you.
I'm from SoCal going to Stanford right now, and starting to order everything. Hopefully I'll have my parts ordered by the end of April.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2009 12:31AM
Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek.
April 01, 2009 12:41AM
I've since moved down to San Francisco and I'm trying to assist with a McWire repstrap project. The project is hosted at Noisebridge, a community tech/hacker space. See [www.noisebridge.net].

If there are any other SF folks who might be interested in stopping by the space please let me know. Also, we're doing quite well on the repstrap, and just have to test the electronics and build the extruder. Help with the extruder would be fantastic!

-Daniel
I'm in Berkeley and i'm a RepRapper wannabe, sadly, my science project tesla turbine has taken up too much time and i havent had the time to get a RepRap.
Jack in Berkeley reporting.

I'm coming at this from being a ham radio enthusiast for the last two and a half decades.

I work on campus and would love to link up with other campus rep-rap-ers,

(I'm a hell of a good solderer)

Thanks,
Jack(space)
www.k6jeb.com
October 12, 2009 02:17PM
Fremont here.

Name is in the username. tongue sticking out smiley

I'm looking for help on getting started with building a RepRap, me and my team mate are going to be making one for our senior project at DeVry and we want to know if anyone has any resources on where to get the electronic components that are available through DigiKey (Digikey has some nasty minimum parts per order that could cost more than $1000 per part (I don't need 843 A3982SLB-T's))
January 10, 2010 12:46AM
Chris in San Jose - Just getting into RepRap (and the Arduino).

Starting to build an McWire, electronics first (since they're more universal and I dont have a source for the cut plastics or a drill press quite yet). Just started earlier this evening building the opto-stops.

Is anyone a Techshop member/certified on their laser cutter or CNC mill?
January 13, 2011 02:02PM
Just about to get a mendel kit, really excited to start creating...
January 13, 2011 08:53PM
Mike in Dublin, also just got a Mendel kit and am excited to get it assembled and start printing!
February 13, 2011 12:46AM
Mendel owner in Los Gatos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login