Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder thermistor not reading on Geeetech Melzi board

Posted by mrjazzitup 
Extruder thermistor not reading on Geeetech Melzi board
May 03, 2014 10:21PM
The problem is that the extruder thermistor connected to the E-temp port is not reading the temperature.
In configuration.h I have these settings:
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1
//#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
//#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

Even though my extruder thermistor is not EPCOS thermistor I have chosen it as such to see if it works. Before I have copied the temperature tables for the RS thermistor (file provided by geeetech.com), but that gave me errors. So I am using Emanuel's github Melzi firmware as is with very little modifications. Nothing that would effect the thermistor.

When I swap the Btemp and Etemp connectors on the board the E-thermistor gives me a reading.
If I enable tempsenor 1 and disable tempsensor 0, I do get a reading but instead of an accurate reading I get 10-20 times larger reading on pronterface for E-temp.

I have no idea what could be causing it. I have reflashed the MCU and loaded the default melzi firmware but to no avail. Anyone had this problem before?
Re: Extruder thermistor not reading on Geeetech Melzi board
May 04, 2014 01:30PM
Did you read this: [www.geeetech.com]

Maybe you got an affected board?
Re: Extruder thermistor not reading on Geeetech Melzi board
May 06, 2014 06:13PM
yes I saw that, thank you. I had already replaced the B temp and E temp resistors to reflect the correct amount which is 4.7k. I have also swapped out the old 644 chip for the 1284 chip.
In any case, I solved the problem by loading the bootloader and reflashing. It's either a buggie board or there is some bug in the firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login