Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FoldaRap LCD case

Posted by xoan 
FoldaRap LCD case
March 25, 2014 11:05PM
Hi,

It is only an earlier RP case for a custom Panelolu with a 16x2 LCD display, encoder, contrast trimpot and reset button. No SD yet :\

It is hardcoded with OpenSCAD, so please, do not open the .scad source file if you don't want to have a nigthmare (no comments, no parametric, ... no nothing smiling smiley

But it has some cool things:
  • It is a one-piece part that can be printed without support.
  • It can be attached to both front (except for the new foot-front version without bottom extrusion) and rear extrusions.
  • It leaves the top base extrusion empty to allow the FoldaRap #NUMBER plate smiling smiley
I am not a designer, neither a programmer, so feel free to change, improve, or destroy it in any way you want.
Attachments:
open | download - foldapanel.scad (1.7 KB)
Re: FoldaRap LCD case
April 23, 2014 03:19PM
Nice work!

Good to see OpenSCAD being used (self confessed scripted CAD evangelist here!)

Tony

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
April 26, 2014 10:12PM
I have a Melzi board with a 1284P Atmega chip. I want to connect a Hitachi HD44780 LCD screen. Which pins connect unto the ISP or the EXT connectors. I think I have the pins lined up except for the R/S (Register Select) pin. I don't know where R/S connects to on the Melzi board connectors or even on the Atmega 1284P chip.
Also, do I have to change the pin settings in pin.h of the firmware?
April 27, 2014 01:52PM
Try this: [reprap.org]
April 28, 2014 01:00AM
LCD pin 4 which is the RS signal is pointing to the PWM D12 pin on the Sanguinololu. The Melzi does not have a PWM or D12, what gives?
April 28, 2014 03:06PM
This maybe a great info for you: [blog.think3dprint3d.com]
or
Maybe you can try my SPI display solution: [plus.google.com]
April 28, 2014 03:57PM
that still does not answer the question. The paneloulu 2 or i2c is a complete different setup than what I want to do. I just want to hook up a standard hitachi LCD without clicker encoder, contrast pot or reset switch. Just so I can see maybe bed,extruder temp or some basic features.
I'm just missing the connection to the RS signal, I need to terminate this somewhere unless it is not used but the HItachi schematics shows this has to be connected somewhere.
April 28, 2014 04:07PM
You just need to compare both Sanguinololu and Melzi espansion hader and figure out what pin replaces Sanguinololu D12 in Melzi. There are a loto of information about this two boards in the wiki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login