Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ultimaker 3D Printer Toy Design Challenge

Posted by wenshidi 
Ultimaker 3D Printer Toy Design Challenge
May 09, 2013 04:06AM
"The 3D printer manufacturer Ultimaker has announced its Ultimaker 3D Printer Toy Design Challenge, in which participants are invited to submit CAD drawings of 3D-printable children's toys. The five top entries, as judged by a panel of 3D printing professionals and technology journalists, will each receive an Ultimaker 3D printer as part of their prize. Entries will be judged based on creativity, feasibility in 3D printing on Ultimaker, and "overall coolness."

Ulitmaker competition details
Re: Ultimaker 3D Printer Toy Design Challenge
May 09, 2013 11:51AM
Wow they only except IGES and STEP files which are not very accessible to most opensource software users except those using FreeCad. Also they are not excepted by any slicer that I know of. Strange thing for a company like Ultimaker to do since they are so ademit about opensource.

Even worse is:

Awarded entries become the intellectual property (IP) of the Challenge sponsor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2013 11:53AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 09, 2013 08:20PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awarded entries become the intellectual property
> (IP) of the Challenge sponsor.

I too saw this and thought it was pretty poor.
So my follow question is this.
Can anybody here start a contest? I have a couple of good ideas for competitions but I am quite a new member and do not want to step on any body's toes.
May 09, 2013 10:50PM
Any one can start one and there does not need to be any prizes or anything like that. Just try and appeal to what people will want to print.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 11, 2013 10:39AM
If you do want to enter a contest we are running one here . First prize is an Ultimaker. MMF Comp
November 27, 2013 02:34PM
I did upload a design for this contest. Please sign in there and download my design before the december 11th. I like the fact that they first print the design so people know it is printable.

http://www.myminifactory.com/object/view/625/Christmas-Coral-Light
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login