Hi,

I am Based in New York City.
Was wondering if anyone in or around New York
was building a REPRAP machine?

Talwar
Re: Any one in New York City?
November 08, 2007 09:17AM
hey talwar,

the RepRap Research Foundation is based out of NYC. i run it out of a studio i rent in Williamsburg.

if you're interested in coming to check out my progress or want to chat, just send me a line and we can meet up or something.

~Zach
November 08, 2007 10:38PM
Zach,

Great to know that you are based in NYC too.
It would be good to meet and exchange ideas.

Talwar
Anonymous User
December 09, 2007 02:34PM
Can I get in on this too? I'm hoping to build one in 2008. Let me know if you have time, I'd love to see the studio.
December 12, 2007 01:37AM
send me a PM and we can coordinate
I'm here too. I'd love to come check it out. Shoot me an email:
bobbylox@gmail.com
November 26, 2008 10:58AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a Russian journalist based out of New York. I'm writing an article about RepRap for Snob.ru, a multimedia project and magazine published in Moscow, London, New York and Paris.

I've spoken to Zach, but I'm also looking for someone on the East Coast who has a reprap, but isn't necessarily involved in the project full time.

I would love to hear from you if that's you - or if you can suggest someone. I should mention that I am working on deadline, so it would be wonderful to hear back from you soon.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Katya Kumkova
katyakumkova@gmail.com
December 19, 2008 09:46AM
Cheers from Levittown NY, 1 hour from the City.

I hope we can all woork together to make New York State the Rep Rap State!

Josh,
January 13, 2009 07:46PM
hello everyone,

This is great to see other from the NYC area involved in this.

How is your progress coming along? open ot new members to work with?

I plan on building my own reprap and am open to working with others on the process, let me know.
January 13, 2009 08:45PM
I'm working on building a repstrap. Of course NYC is already home of the RRRF, but I don't know of any others working on repraps yet.

I've an almost-complete set of electronics now, as well as a draft design of a new kind of lasercut repstrap (not at all close to darwin) and an initial order of materials of McMaster. BTW, they're based in NJ and I got a large box of stuff the very day after I ordered it for only $10 shipping cost or so. Will do business again :-)

-Geert
March 06, 2009 09:55AM
Elmhurst and East Marion here
Guy
July 13, 2009 12:14PM
Hey repRappers,

I live in Brooklyn.
I just started building one. I am new to electronics and so it's been a little confusing. I would love to meet with people and work together. Are people meeting at rrrf or else where? The posts go back to 2007, so I don't know what the current status of the NYC community is.

- Guy
Hello Guy,

you sound like a really great person, we should def meetup I am also in brooklyn and have built a couple repraps. Currently I am working on adding some unique properties to one of them that should help expand the types of materials it can work with and speed at which it builds.

We could arrange for you to come over my house to work on your reprap and i can show you mine. I customized my house to look like a dungeon so its very cool. I have whips and restraining devices as well for that authenticity.

What is your phone number?
July 25, 2009 10:02PM
There's also NYC Resistor. They're in Brooklyn, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The whole is more than the sum of its parts." - Aristotle

[www.cyrozap.com]
bob
September 07, 2009 03:16PM
I am a teacher of electronics and design technology in jersey city. I am hoping to build one of these with my students. Is there anyone who could help give me some advice mentoring to pull this off??'

thanks bob
September 07, 2009 03:44PM
Hello bob,

I would be more than happy to help you build one of these for your students, as i have built 4 of them so far myself, each better than the last.

How old are your students? What percentage are female as opposed to male? What would you rate their interest level at?
December 01, 2009 04:11PM
We started an NYC RepRap meetup. Hope you all can make it! Bring your RepRaps - [groups.google.com]
January 02, 2010 05:15PM
Hey, is there anyone willing to show me a working Reprap? I'm thinking of starting my own, but I would like to get a sense of it's capabilities before I take the plunge and start getting parts. Please let me know at chaosexanima@gmail.com. Thanks!
July 14, 2011 11:02PM
hey just saw this thread, wanted to greet everyone else out here. i'm actually in new hyde park, about ~30 mins from NYC, and i noticed a poster from levittown as well. Greetz to all, and looking to build a mendel or mendel prusa... anyone interested?
October 06, 2011 05:00PM
Looking for partners to work on reprap production, located in Brooklyn NY.
Any one interesting to join team, let me know...
Also we doing a lot of custom design and prototyping models any business proposition
welcome!!!
December 07, 2011 02:06AM
Looking to build myself a Mendel for new years, anyone has a Mendel that I can take a look at?
February 25, 2012 06:56PM
Pretty old post but, im in brooklyn built a sell's Mendel about 5 months ago.
Never have a shortage of ideas smiling smiley .
Just saying hi really, what's going on?
February 25, 2012 06:59PM
It's been a while since you posted, maybe you've built your machine by now. If your still looking to see a machine before you build let me know.
March 13, 2012 05:12PM
Hi,

New to Reprap, just found out about it less than a week ago and as an engineering student I'm in absolute awe of Reprap! I've been sourcing all the parts and just about ready to start building.

Any advice, or anyone interesting meeting up? I guess the building is the easy part, collaborating is what I'm scared of...

Alan
Manhattan Lower East Side
I'm out in Massapequa on Long Island, looking for some local RepRappers...

I have a few things I need made, and I am ultimately looking to build my own RepRap, sooner than later.

Give a shout if you're local.

goolgaul at optonline dot net
I would like to give a hand to anyone building a reprap in nyc. I just want to see and partake in the process of building one of these but dont have the money!
August 17, 2012 11:55AM
checking in and seeing if anyone is interested in meet up.
August 17, 2012 11:34PM
Just saying hi and would love to meet up with someone to see how their RepRap works. I'm mostly a Manhattan guy, but even a video would really suffice. Taking my first stab at building one soon, just as soon as the money just starts to actually get build-worthy
August 19, 2012 12:54PM
aalam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saying hi and would love to meet up with
> someone to see how their RepRap works. I'm mostly
> a Manhattan guy, but even a video would really
> suffice. Taking my first stab at building one
> soon, just as soon as the money just starts to
> actually get build-worthy

we have a mostly working mendel. minor tweaks still in process for it to be more consistent. let's see if any one else chimes in and then go about setting up a meet over the next few weeks.
August 22, 2012 01:04PM
I have an almost completed machine, and I'm having trouble with adjusting the configuration file. Anyone have experience with Techzone gen 3?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login