Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for people to Participate in 3D pop up

Posted by iggy 
Looking for people to Participate in 3D pop up
October 31, 2012 03:22PM
Hi,

I'm coordinating a 3D printing holiday pop up shop in NYC Nov. 29 - Dec. 27.

3DEA, the holiday pop-up shop will be one of the first stores of its kind to host a consultant to connect your idea to 3D modelers, a display of 3D printers, stations to test drive 3D software, kiosks to easily customize gifts, exhibits of 3D printed products, a scanning station, classes and more.

The demographic we are targeting is first and foremost anyone despite industry or age - anyone who's interested in learning about 3D printing.

Event-wise, we are bringing in the local NY Shapeways and software user groups. We will hold talks for 3D printing users including workshops on preparing files to print, artists to talk about their work, 3D printer builders who are demoing new DIY printers. We are bringing together the local colleges with similar tracks of fabrication labs to provide 3D modeling for printing classes on weekends.
With children, we are providing a full-time ipad doodle-to-print station. We are reaching out to the Children's Museum to offer sculpting sessions and Eyebeam residents for stop-motion workshops.

We're looking for anyone who may be interested in making a little extra money for the month of December to staff the shop. The tasks would be to introduce the public to 3D printing, possibly make sure the in-store printers are working, prompt people to try out 3d modeling software and such.

We're also looking for experienced 3D modelers who may be interested in having us contact you to pair you up with a customer who needs a modeler.

Please email: info@3dea.co if interested.
Re: Looking for people to Participate in 3D pop up
November 08, 2012 09:53AM
who are you and why are you doing this? what's your angle? is it a paid gig for those that work in the pop-up? who is supplying the equipment? where is the shop to be located? i see you have a post else where on the forum for printed parts. sent email but no response.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 09:54AM by rthuey.
November 08, 2012 11:11AM
Hi Roy,

You sent me an email at 10pm last night. Great questions:

I am with Openhouse, (Openhouse.me). We are coordinating the event.
The reason for the event is to introduce people to 3D printing - to bridge the gap between people who don't know 3D printing and those who do. It is also a test drive to see if the experience and service aspect of 3D printing can work as a viable model at this point in the technology.
It is a paid gig for those working. The greeters who explain 3D printing for an 8-hour day will be paid around $95 a day. Benefits will include free printing up to $150 for an outside service, full training, free access to classes and events, wholesale prices on items and more.
Freelance designers who we will refer work to are within a different system of payment, but our priority right now is finding staffing for the pop up while its is open 11-7pm.
The event is located at 29th St. and 6 Ave, (835 Sixth Ave.) Midtown Manhattan.
Our partners will include Ultimaker and Up! so these are the two printers you will see in-store.
Most other equipment are provided us with support from our sponsor, Eventi Hotel.
For a couple of special events we will need to depend on outsourcing prints, so yes, we are also looking for those who can print-on-demand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 11:31AM by iggy.
November 08, 2012 11:58AM
tanks iggy. not frustrated. i am interested. 3dea.co comes up as forbidden. you did not give a whole lot of info. trying to weed out whether or not this was a crap post or not. .co is not so common in the u.s. since it is columbia's and i was not sure if you had made a typo and it was suppose to be .com

i am actually helping you out if anything!

and some great answers you gave. one more. age limit. is there a lower age limit to those that can work in the pop-up? since you are from not around here it looks like by state law you should be good to age 14 if this rule

> Operating or assisting in operating any machinery unless all moving parts other than keys, levers, or handles are so guarded as to prevent any part of the person or clothing for the operator from touching them

does not apply to printers. If it does 16 and above i think would be the state cut off. Will look into it further for you depending on your restrictions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login