Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

filament/nozzle problem

Posted by tomsjo 
filament/nozzle problem
December 12, 2014 03:06AM
Hi,

I have a problem with the filament, it gets stuck in the nozzle, in the top, right after the tube. If i remove the tube i can barely get the filament trought the hole. Any ideas to make it work?

Re: filament/nozzle problem
December 12, 2014 09:41AM
Have you checked the diameter of your filament? Perhaps it's unusually large.
Can you try a different piece of filament (a different roll)?
If you're trying to push it all the way through the nozzle, are you sure your temperature is high enough?
- Try raising it 15 degrees C
- Does the temperature ramp seem reasonable as you monitor its progress on your LCD screen or PC?

If the hotend is OK, I can't think of any other problem than physical interference in the tube and a temperature problem with the nozzle.

Good luck.
December 12, 2014 02:47PM
yes, and i did also tried another filament roll.
Now i succeeded to get it in the hole, but its really hard to get it out of the nozzle. Diameter is 0.5mm /3mm, but its from china, so it could be something else maybe?
I did also try to raise temperature, and it seems correct.
December 14, 2014 11:39PM
I have some idea to check that problem:

1. check if the tube is large enought for filament to go through, if not , you need enlarge the tube ends with 3.2mm drill if filament is 3mm
2. check if filament can go through the hotend by using hands (need raise the hotend's temperature and remove the bowden clamp first) , if not , there may something in the hotend blocked , need some clean
3. finally , check the power of the remote extruder is enough , or hobbed bolt tooth slipping?

I'm using 1.75mm filament with id2od4 tube , and everything goes fine smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login