Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kisslicer

Posted by Happycamper 
Kisslicer
January 11, 2014 11:23PM
I started using Slic3r as I just put together a printer over the holidays. I soon after tried Cura and never went back to Slic3r. BUT, I just tried Kisslicer. The quality was MUCH better. I am loving Kisslicer so far. One question...

Is there any way to do like 3 passes of the skirt? My problem is the nozzle is never primed enough when it begins printing. With Cura I do 3 skirt passes and it's usually enough to get it primed. Maybe I need to change something else? Any ideas?

Also, did the developer stop work on the slicer? It seems like the forum for it is kind of messy...

Thanks!
Re: Kisslicer
January 11, 2014 11:45PM
No there is no way of making the skirt any more than 1. But you could add something to the start code. The easiest way to figure out the correct code would be to make a large cube the size of your bed and slice it with no infill, 0 skin, and 1 perimeter loop (or more if you think it needs it). Then open the gcode file and copy the first layer code to your start gcode (prefix). This will draw a square the size of the bed/cube around the outside before every print.

The developer of Kisslicer has been missing since September 30th and the forum has received more than 175,000 spams in the last month.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 12, 2014 02:48AM
In Kisslicer Ptr Gcode

in Tab Prefix

I have this and more. It is work in progress but I find I get pretty much 100% prints to start good doing this.

;move down first so dont drag accross clean table
G1 Z5

; move x,y to front middle of table and set feed rate to 6000 mm/min
G1 X50 Y100 F6000

; move to origin - home z axis
G28 Z0.0

;while at origin add bed offset - nozzle is too close to the bed after homing -n
G92 Z-0.2

;move down 40 so tip is easy to clean
G1 Z40

; wait for extruder to get to temperature SXXX
M109 S200

;extrude waste before printing
G1 E3

;wait (Pxxx mS) for extruding to complete etc
G4 P5000
January 13, 2014 12:11PM
Sublime
No there is no way of making the skirt any more than 1. But you could add something to the start code. The easiest way to figure out the correct code would be to make a large cube the size of your bed and slice it with no infill, 0 skin, and 1 perimeter loop (or more if you think it needs it). Then open the gcode file and copy the first layer code to your start gcode (prefix). This will draw a square the size of the bed/cube around the outside before every print.

The developer of Kisslicer has been missing since September 30th and the forum has received more than 175,000 spams in the last month.

Good idea! I will have to do this. It's too bad he turned up missing. It's been much better quality parts using this slicer. Hopefully it doesn't completely disappear!
January 13, 2014 12:12PM
Robonz
In Kisslicer Ptr Gcode

in Tab Prefix

I have this and more. It is work in progress but I find I get pretty much 100% prints to start good doing this.

;move down first so dont drag accross clean table
G1 Z5

; move x,y to front middle of table and set feed rate to 6000 mm/min
G1 X50 Y100 F6000

; move to origin - home z axis
G28 Z0.0

;while at origin add bed offset - nozzle is too close to the bed after homing -n
G92 Z-0.2

;move down 40 so tip is easy to clean
G1 Z40

; wait for extruder to get to temperature SXXX
M109 S200

;extrude waste before printing
G1 E3

;wait (Pxxx mS) for extruding to complete etc
G4 P5000

Thanks! That actually helps. There are a couple things I didn't have I will implement.
January 16, 2014 11:31AM
Dang Sublime! I'm assuming it's your tutorial on the tantillus.org site... I'm pretty new to 3D printing. I've been completely guessing and been able to get decent results. BUT, I keep getting clogs, underextrusion etc... I'm looking at your tutorial and calculator. VERY well done. I appreciate the effort you have made to create these things. I'm going to calibrate my printer using this info. THANKS!
January 16, 2014 10:42PM
I added this to my postfix gcode too. It stops the head wiping over a finished print.

; Switch to relative coordinates
G91

; move down so tip does not drag on work
G1 Z5

; Switch back to absolute coordinates
G90
January 17, 2014 04:47PM
Thanks Robonz!
January 20, 2014 04:01PM
How does Kisslicer determine the direction for solid fill? It has been doing it on a 45 degree angle, but lately it's been alternating x direction and y direction.

Also, Is there a way to do vase mode in Kisslicer so it spirals up the object? Thanks!
January 20, 2014 04:22PM
January 22, 2014 12:47PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login