Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration.ini

Posted by beekeg 
Calibration.ini
October 13, 2013 11:28AM
Hi,
I'm recalibrating my Tantillus. I may be missing something or having severe brain fade, but I don't know what to do at step 7. of "Setting Z home" in the Tantillus Tutorial.

It Says: "Start Kisslicer and open the calibration config for your current Hotend size (Black = 0.5mm / White = 0.35mm)."

What do I do at this step in Kisslicer? Do I load the calibration.ini file somewhere or paste the gcode into one of the tabbed boxes?

I'm using the Windows version.
Re: Calibration.ini
October 13, 2013 02:40PM
I can't believe you are the first person to bring this to my attention. Those files are actually the old calibration files for Slic3r 0.7.2b which we no longer use. I have corrected the page and updated the files. You may need to force a full refresh to see the new information (ctrl f5).

For the new Kisslicer configs just place them in the same folder as the Kisslicer executable.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 13, 2013 05:26PM
Glad to help, and I now know the Kisslicer is set up right.thumbs up
October 14, 2013 01:36AM
Hi Sublime! Just to be sure I have the correct config files, I followed the link from the Tutorials section on Tantillus.org and downloaded the "Kisslicer_profiles.zip" file. I compared the file sizes and "modified" dates of the files in the archive and they match exactly with the ones I downloaded back in July. Am I still downloading the old Slic3r files somehow?

I was wondering the same thing as beekeg when I first started configuring the software as I could not find any place to "open the calibration config for your current Hotend size" but I chalked it up to possibly having a newer version of KISSlicer than the one you were using when you wrote the tutorials.
October 14, 2013 11:52AM
Those should be the correct ones. The ones that he had downloaded from the tutorials page were labelled Calibration.zip and only had a single ini file and the calibration cube. The one you downloaded should be the current Kisslicer profiles as I do not have a special one for calibration any longer as it is not required since we do not have to compensate for the errors in Slic3r 0.7.2b.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 14, 2013 10:32PM
Thanks for the clarification Sublime!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login