Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop not responding properly

Posted by Nick101 
Endstop not responding properly
September 07, 2013 12:41PM
Still working on getting my printer off of the ground. Most everything is working (yay!) but I'm having some weird issues with my endstop.

First of all, I wired the C contact on the momentary switch to GROUND and the NC contact to S. When I open Pronterface and send M119, I always get z_min:L regardless of where the print bed is. Now when I send the print bed up and hit the endstop while it's moving upward, nothing happens. When I send it down and hit the endstop while it's moving, Pronterface says "endstop hit: Z:" and wherever it registers the bed to be located. It seems to me that all I should have to do is change a setting in the firmware to flip the Z axis so that the endstop operates as it should. Am I on the right track?

Also, when using Pronterface, whenever I hit any of the HOME buttons, the printer either doesn't respond at all or it tries to send the print bed down as far as it can go until I unplug the printer. I always unplug it because I'm afraid it will smack right into the RAMPS board if I don't. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Nick
Re: Endstop not responding properly
September 07, 2013 11:11PM
I had the same problem too. And I accidentally fixed it. So I'm not sure how I did it.

But first off, When you send your z axis home, It should go up not down. You have to make sure that both the firmware and your wires are set for correct direction. I use the "Auto Home" function on the LCD instead of Pronterface. You have to heat up the hotend to change"Disable Home" to "Auto Home". Remember +Z means the table goes down.

Then there is also another switch in the firmware for the endstop switch. You need to make sure that is set according to wether or not your switch is NO. (Normally Open) or NC (Normally closed). When your z table is heading home, you should be able to trigger the switch with a screwdriver and stop the table.
Re: Endstop not responding properly
September 09, 2013 03:14PM
Taking your cue about +Z on Pronterface meaning the table goes down, I flipped the connection for the z-axis motor on the RAMPS board. Now the table moves up when I hit the "z-axis home" button. The endstop now seems to respond as it should by signalling when the bed has reached the hot end. Thanks for the tip SkyArcher! I guess I was over-complicating it smiling smiley

Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login