Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts

Posted by ntar827 
Parts
January 07, 2013 04:42PM
Building a printer of my own design.

Have cut parts at LCCC and purchased electronics from Printrbot.
Used rods from old printers and misc hardware from hardware store.

Final parts to buy are timing belt pulleys and belts. Have found some on line at reasoanable prices but shipping costs kill you.

Are there any places to buy where total price is reasonable?

Need four (4) XL or GT2 pullies with about five (5) feet of belt.

If a good STL file can be obtained I can print the pulleys at LCCC and would not have to worry about shipping.

Thanks for any response.

Nick

PS Are there meetings for 3D printer groups in the area?
Re: Parts
January 20, 2013 04:26PM
Ebay has been a good source of parts, The GT style pulleys and belts are becoming more available there at reasonable prices.
Truth-fully, the difference betweeen XL and GT belt styles isnt that major from what I can tell.
Although, I have read some articals stating otherwise.

From my experience in the rep rap world, there are a lot of opinions out there regarding the parts of the rep rap and how they work.
In my personal learning and testing while building a rep rap style printer, I found a lot of those opinions you have to take with a grain of salt.
Anonymous User
Re: Parts
January 24, 2013 07:41PM
McMaster-Carr is by far the best. They have always given me next day shipping, but not particularly cost effective. LCCC Is the best!!! But I print my own stuff. You just have to get that first printer running and the rest falls into place. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login