Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skip20 in West Knox, TN 37934

Posted by skip20 
Skip20 in West Knox, TN 37934
December 13, 2013 08:19AM
Hello, Skip here & new to the home of 3D printers.
Live in West Knox.
Built a MakerFarm & it runs good, but won't stay on the heates bed.

Also started to build a large 3D KS Printer.

It has 2 heads to be able to clone at times. the "X" & "Y" are running smooth,but the 2 - "Z" are just making noise for now.
It will have a heated bed for 16" x 16" or 2 - 8" x 16", I hope!

Also have a small CNC router table built a few years ago which is the 7th & smallest one to date, Larger was 50" x 7' 6". Also have built 3 CNC Plamsa Cuttings

Built a large Egg-Bot for fun.

I'm an Engraver by trade working with a 50 watt Laser & made name tag/badges.
Re: Skip20 in West Knox, TN 37934
December 13, 2013 02:49PM
Here is a short video with my old camera which I was have problems with before.

[www.youtube.com]
December 31, 2013 07:08PM
Ordered the plastic parts off eBay & they look really good.
Rostock Printed Parts 3D Printer PLA Airtripper Extruder Taulman Bushings RepRap | eBayI broke one of the forks for the rod & he replaced it quickly at no charge. Great guy to deal with.
Drilled out all of the 3mm holes & had to sand the joint & hot tip mounting pale to fit only
Went to together very easy with a lot on 3mm nuts & bolts.
Found the design of the box on Thingiverse & made a few changes to fit my need.
Using 1/2" wood, I trimmed out the edges building a 4" base to clear the controller & P/S mounted under it.
Trim some space on the bottom for air flow.. Came up the rear sides with 1/2" x 4" & & 1/2" x 2'around the top.
Cut an 1/8" slit in the edge to slide in 1/8" plex on the sides. There will be 1" x 1" alum on the corners.
Anything was glued & nailed, but the top panel will be screwed on so it is removable for any repairs
More to come as I'm having to wait for the stain & the 3 coats of semi gloss clean to dry.

November 07, 2014 07:44AM
Hey Skip!

Those pictures look great! I'm just getting started, which model would you suggest for a newbie?
November 23, 2015 03:45PM
'lo Skip,

I too am in the 37934 area code, and am considering building a Wilson 2. Would you be interested in helping me with the printed parts, or direct me to a local outfit where I can get therm printed.
January 16, 2016 03:25PM
tempest
'lo Skip,

I too am in the 37934 area code, and am considering building a Wilson 2. Would you be interested in helping me with the printed parts, or direct me to a local outfit where I can get therm printed.

Call me 966-7929 Skip
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login