Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where is everyone??

Posted by swmarsh01 
Where is everyone??
March 12, 2013 12:04AM
Funny to see a Knoxville RUG but no one stops by. Lets get this place going.
I am Steve BTW.
Re: Where is everyone??
May 11, 2013 01:15PM
Hey Steve

I'm in Knoxville too. I recently built a classic Rostock.

Have you heard of knoxmakers.org ? Looks like they have nice toys, but the dues seem a bit high.

Later
Dennis
July 26, 2013 04:59PM
Hey guys,

I built my airwolf 2 months ago. Many successful prints, much more tweaking repetier for custom settings. Learned alot, ready to design my own. Anyone wanna do the same?
Brad, Oak Ridge
Knoxville group
October 30, 2013 08:56AM
Hello... I am also in the Knoxville area. Currently am working with a Makerfarm 8" build area Prusa I3 and building a larger version Repstrap out of salvaged parts. As with most 3d printers it is a huge learning experience... A local reasonable support group would be very interesting to me. I f you have enough interest I would like to suggest we start a meeting just to trade war stories about these things and demonstrate builds and fixes.

Among the things I am currently puzzled about is the Rumba control board... no one seems to know much about it...for instance testing motor connections and various features without hooking the entire wiring harness seems not to be a possibility and there is not a fix as far as I can tell. It was the same for the Ramps 1.4 until someone wrote a test sketch. Since my experience is in the mechanical area this is a hurdle I am fighting. Perhaps i will go back to Ramps.. it is working flawlessly but would love to use the additional features in the Rumba..

Well anyway hope we can do some brain picking...

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 08:57AM by tanasibob.
November 07, 2014 07:42AM
Hello!

I'm in Nashville but you guys are the closest group. I'm completely new to 3D printing. Any suggestions on which model to go with?
January 01, 2017 12:53PM
I'm in Murfreesboro, looks like this is the closest group. I'm completely new to 3D printing. I have a printer on order but am trying to get smarter on the process (cad tools, things to watch out for, etc.)
July 15, 2018 09:55PM
Hey McQueen,
I'm in Nashville also. I have a TEVO Little Monster that I have rebuilt with Duet3d controller, and a Smart Effector. Currently waiting on a Zesty Nimble extruder.
Lately I have had a problem in that I can no longer use the "Auto Delta Configure". I cannot seem to get Z0 set to the bed. It thinks z0 is 20 mm from the top of the bed.

Anyhow, it is nice to now that there is at least another 3d printer in Nashville...

John Dortch (WB4NLD)
jldortch0@comcast.net
July 15, 2018 09:59PM
nichols923 ,
if you are still active, shoot me a line.
I live in Nashville (actually Kingston Springs)
jldortch0@comcast.net
April 08, 2019 11:59AM
I am in Spencer, TN and been into 3d printing for 6 months. I have an anet A8 flashed with marlin.
Now my wife is getting more into it And believe me this is the first time in 55 years of marriage she has NEVER been interested in any of my hobbies.
She is even offering to buy more filament. HELL!! This is great. And all I had to do is build her bird feeders, Birdhouses And a bunch of windy thing for her flowers.
She is hooked hehehe!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login