Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Garbage Characters Serial Communication to Repetier Firmware

Posted by CTCHunter1 
Garbage Characters Serial Communication to Repetier Firmware
April 08, 2016 02:34AM
I've been troubling shooting an issue using 2 Z-axis stepper drivers. I have been suspecting that the issues I am having are in Marlin.

From a recommendation I installed Repetier firmware. I am having problems getting it to communicate over the serial port. I have the baud set to 115200 but have tried other rates 250000, 57600. I currently have the baud set to 115200. When I connect in pronterface (printrun) I get

Connecting...
Attempted to write invalid text to console, which could be due to an invalid baudrate
­„$ **'Ø/3†…îJ#æ…BwE$
!Gð

!Gð

ˆDó

the baudrate is set sit to 115200 in printrun which is the same as the config. I have similar issues at the other baud rates.

If I flash back to Marlin the problems go away. I am able to connect at 250000 baud rate.

I can tell the flashing to repetier worked because of the changes to the lcd screen.

I'm not seeing settings for stop bits or parity in the repiter configuration.

Any ideas on what's causing this?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (31.5 KB)
Re: Garbage Characters Serial Communication to Repetier Firmware
April 10, 2016 11:48AM
It was a baud rate issue. I was changing it in configuration.h but not taking the changes because the baudrate was being storing in eeprom.

This thread Basic connection problem - Repetier Host helped me solve the problem.

After figuring the EEPROM thing out I also noticed that the set baudrate is in the LCD menus under configuration->general.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login