Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autolevel/Distortion correction causing issues?

Posted by MrBaz 
Autolevel/Distortion correction causing issues?
March 31, 2016 10:12PM
I've been having issues with my delta. I'm using Repetier 0.92.8. I'm still in the calibration stages, but I've hit a few snags. I've done as much manual calibration as I can. I've been able to get G33 to successfully run. I'm certain I've got the extruder dialed in as well as the extrusion settings in slic3r.

Here is what is weird:

First layer goes down great.
After that, the next 4-5 layers give me problems. It is as if it doesn't raise the Z height high enough in those layers. The nozzle just drags across the previous layer which sometimes ends up in shifting the build plate. It is an audible sound. I've been able to get just a handful of simple prints out. On one of my recent prints, I had to just keep loosening the bearing on my extruder (purposely allowing slippage) on and off to allow the next several layers to be put down correctly. After that, every other layer prints perfectly fine.

Is there a setting in repetier that applies the autolevel/distortion correction readings only to the first few layers and then ignores them for the rest of the layers? Could this be what is causing all of my problems?
If so, how do I disable autolevel/distortion correction?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login