Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software/config options for a slightly misplaced end stop

Posted by SvdSinner 
Software/config options for a slightly misplaced end stop
March 12, 2016 10:38AM
I've just finished gutting the electronics on a dead DaVinci printer, replacing them with a RAMPS 1.4/Repetier setup.

Because I have replaced the extruder and the end stops with different models, my Z axis is homing to a spot that is <1mm higher than the highest position I can level the bed. (IOW, if I let out the leveling nut until there is no tension left in the spring to raise the bed, the bed is still .2-.3mm lower than needed to get good bed adhesion.)

I tried messing with ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_MOVE and ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME values in config.h, but I don't think they worked like I assumed they did. (Not sure if those are the wrong values to change, or if those are right, but the value in configuration.h is being overwritten by something in EEPROM

Since the distance is so small, I'd like to fix it in software before resorting to hardware mods like longer springs or shaving the metal tab that breaks the beam of the opto end stops.

Is there a software fix I can do to move Z home 1-2mm back from where it sits with the standard config?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login