Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual Controls Not Working

Posted by 752752752 
Manual Controls Not Working
March 10, 2016 11:11PM
I'm using a Folgertech Prusa i3 2020 full aluminum kit with the arduino mega 2560. I'm using Repetier Host and Marlin Firmware.

My printer connects in Repetier and the extruder fan is spinning. When I try moving anything with the manual controls, nothing happens. I double and triple checked the connections to the motors and the board. I've been trying to calibrate it but I can't do anything until the motors are working. Any suggestions?
Re: Manual Controls Not Working
March 11, 2016 06:57PM
Check your ends tops. Use M119 to see if they are working correctly.
April 03, 2016 06:01PM
I'm brand new to all of this. Could you please explain what you mean when you say "use M119"?
April 04, 2016 01:03PM
In Repetier Host, after connecting to the printer, use the Manual Control tab, put M119 in the gcode box and click send. Then see what the response is in the log.

With no endstops triggered, it should show: endstops hit: x_min:L y_min:L z-MIN:L Z-probe state:L
When triggered they change to H.

They change to H when the axis is hitting the endstop. Homing looking for them to change to H to find the home position for that axis.
April 10, 2016 04:41PM
I keep getting a "communication timeout" message. My printer will connect but can't communicate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login