Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end doesn't heat up with Repetier

Posted by jimmyvinnie 
Hot end doesn't heat up with Repetier
February 05, 2016 02:16AM
Hi

I'm new to using Repetier (was using Pronterface). I struggling with heating the hot end on my Prusa. I've dug through all the settings and just can't fathom why this strange phenomenon is happening? Heat bed works fine and Hotend works when I switch back to Pronterface? Anyone any ideas please? Happy to post any screenshots as required.

Cheers

Jamie
Re: Hot end doesn't heat up with Repetier
February 05, 2016 05:30AM
How did you heat? Changing temperature is not enough if the icon shows disabled nothing will happen. Clock on extruder icon to toggle heating on/off.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 05, 2016 10:53AM
I tried clicking the icon to the left of the extruder 1 bar to remove the red line and setting the temperature to 230. The hot end didn't heat.I did the same with the heat bed and that ramped up to temperature fine.
I also tried sending an M104 S230 Gcode which also didn't work.
I then loaded a .stl file, sliced it and started the print to see if I could get the hot end to heat that way. The Bed heated up but the hot end didn't?

I've reloaded the software and will have another shot soon.
February 05, 2016 11:16AM
Check log and enable commands to see what gets send. The commands look right and normally sending the right command has the desired effect unless firmware has an issue, but then pronterface would not work. So maybe the solution is in the log showing an other command send.

In case you have repetier-firmware also check if dry run is enabled. Should be disabled for extruder to work.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 05, 2016 01:38PM
Post re-installation of software (Repetier) the hot end now heats as it should. Don't have a clue why it wan't before? Thanks for the pro active responses. Much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login