Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host M80/M81 with Arduino Relay

Posted by porksusanjoe 
Repetier-Host M80/M81 with Arduino Relay
January 09, 2016 12:50PM
Hi,

I'm working setting up a standard Arduino relay (something like this: [i.imgur.com]) with my RAMPS 1.4 / Marlin firmware board. I have the relay module hooked to 5V, and the POWER_ON RAMPS pin, on the same line as the servo enable jumper. My relay is functional, and triggers fine using M80/M81. In Marlin's configuration.h, I have "PS_DEFAULT_OFF" enabled, so my relay pin will be pulled low(?) when the board is booted. My intention is to enable/disable the relay using M80/81 in the starting and ending g-code of Cura. As far as how the relay works and enables the power supply, everything works great, until I connect via Repetier.

Upon launching Repetier and connecting to the printer, it's almost as if Reptier is sending an M80 (power on) command to the board, which enables the power supply. I was hoping there would be a configuration setting in the printer settings of Repetier to disable this functionality - I've tried having disable extruder/bed/motors after job enabled, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there any way to have Repetier NOT activate the power_on pin upon connect? I typically leave Repetier connected to my printer unless I'm re-flashing the firmware with the Arduino IDE. If it's not possible to have Repetier not send an M80 upon connect, is it possible to automatically run an M81 afterwards?

Thank you for any assistance.
Re: Repetier-Host M80/M81 with Arduino Relay
January 16, 2016 12:01PM
You are right. Host sends it on connect with serial connector. And there is no run on connect script.

So the only solution for now is to use the repetier-server as printer spooler. That would not send M80 and also has a run on connect script. Then use the server connector in host to connect with printer instead. Then it would not turn on.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login