Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD knob direction change- Repetier

Posted by rrr7 
LCD knob direction change- Repetier
December 27, 2015 03:20AM
Does anybody know how to change the LCD knob direction in Repetier firmware v0.91? I have seen many threads on changing the LCD knob direction and several requesting instructions for Repetier firmware but have not seen any solution to this particular question. I have been poking around configuratio.h, pins.h, etc... looking for the LCD shield knob (encoder) step settings, but it is not obvious enough for me to figure out.
My natural tendency is clockwise(CW) for + and counterclockwise(CCW) for - for dimensions, and CW for down, CCW for up in lists. So easy enough- I would need to reverse the knob direction in all its modes.
I have an ATmega1280, RAMPS1.4, Mendel, and a Sainsmart Full Graphics LCD controller w/ SD (works as a RepRapDiscount Full Graphic smart controller in Repetier).
Re: LCD knob direction change- Repetier
December 30, 2015 05:25AM
Find in ui.h the section for your board/display combination

#define UI_ENCODER_A 61
#define UI_ENCODER_B 59
#define UI_ENCODER_CLICK 43
#define UI_RESET_PIN 66 // was 41 //AE3 was here and added this line 1/25/2014 (Note pin 41 is Y- endstop!)
#define UI_INVERT_MENU_DIRECTION 1

Switch encode a/b to switch all directions or UI_INVERT_MENU_DIRECTION if you only want to have different menu direction while keeping value changing direction the same.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login