Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X and Y Axis Drifts - Doesn't Stop - Help!

Posted by psneddon 
X and Y Axis Drifts - Doesn't Stop - Help!
October 12, 2015 10:53AM
I originally posted this in the RepRapper section, but no responses. Maybe someone has seen this happen in Repetier Host? ?

This has been going on for a while, but I don't know what's causing it.

I have an I3 Rewok printer and run CURA from my laptop through USB port.

I load a model into CURA and hit the "Print with USB" icon and wait for the Pronterface UI print window to come up and for the printer to connect (temperatures are shown for hotend and bed).

If I try to raise my print head with the +Z Tool Up interface the X and Y motors will "drift" away from their end stops for about 10 steps or so and then stop. I Home the X & Y axis and after that I can access all of the controls without any issues. I've also had this occur when trying to extrude PLA (when doing extruder calibration) - same issue where the X and Y motors will "drift" away from their end stops for about 10 steps or so and then stop. Then I can run everything normally

I thought this was a quirk with CURA, so I just lived with the issue. However, I have been having print issues lately and decided to try a different printing software so I decided to give Repetier Host a try since most of the calibration procedures/tutorials seem to be geared around RH. I had everything ready to go - model loaded, temps ready to go, Gcode generated, etc. I hit the RUN button and waited. The printer homed okay, Z axis went down and up and back down - so far so good - and then it moved in the X and Y axis a bit like it was gong to print and then is stopped and the head started slowly drifting away from the X-axis end stop and kept going until I hot the emergency stop button! sad smiley

I turned everything off and tried again with the same results. Any Ideas what's going on?? Am I going to be stuck with CURA for my printing needs? If so, does anyone know of any really good tutorials that correspond to the terminology used in the "standard" calibration settings/steps for most printers?
Re: X and Y Axis Drifts - Doesn't Stop - Help!
October 13, 2015 05:10AM
Check commands send! I guess it sends correct commands and firmware/printer hardware causes this. Why is not really clear to me except if you have autoleveling enabled. There if you have big skew moving one axis will always move the others a bit.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 13, 2015 08:52PM
repetier
Check commands send! I guess it sends correct commands and firmware/printer hardware causes this. Why is not really clear to me except if you have autoleveling enabled. There if you have big skew moving one axis will always move the others a bit.

What do you mean by "check commands send"?

I don't have autoleveling enabled in the Marin firmware.
October 14, 2015 02:47AM
"check commands send" = Read log what gets send to your printer. If it is a plain move the reason is in firmware/hardware and since all hosts do the same I think it is. But then this is the wrong forum.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 19, 2016 10:34PM
make sure that steppers are not disabled if they are you can move x and y by hand also check stepper motor currents if not high enuf they are in a sense not putting on the brakes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login