Problem Repetier Host multi-extruder single HotEnd
September 18, 2015 06:32PM
Hello I have a system with single HotEnd three extruders

I noticed this strange behavior

If you select extruder different from example 1 extruder 2 and extruder 3
And I want to turn HotEnd not turn

You can turn on only HotEnd extruder 1

My system uses a single flux three extruders HotEnd

Fact that a press launch that starts from the extruder 3 this part without turning extruder as shown in attached picture

PS sorry if it's misspelled are Italian and use google automatic translator.

www.saviot.com Stampante Prusa I3 R2.2 By Nicola P.
Ramps 1.4 Con FW MarlinKimba Fusore HE IeC 1.75mm Con Flusso Canalizzatore Estrusori BullDog XL
Piano maggiorato 240*311mm pilotato da SSR 24V con letto scaldante autocostruito
Lavori in Corso Prossimetro Autolivellamento Z Gestione Remota Raspberry PI 2 con OctoPrint
Rilevamento ottico Fine Filo Illuminazione e Visione AreaStampa Remotata In costruzione Trafilatore TL-Plastic
Re: Problem Repetier Host multi-extruder single HotEnd
September 21, 2015 03:09AM
Since 3 extruders share a single nozzle I guess your firmware controls the temperature only with extruder 1 since you have only one heat element and that can belong only to 1 extruder. The host does not know this and thinks you have 3 extruder with 3 heaters. A mapping might help here, bit is currently not implemented.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 21, 2015 03:33AM
One more thing. You might want to enable mixing extruder in printer settings->extruder. This will make the host think you have one nozzle for more colors. Works like it should only that it offers 16 extruders I think. So just use the first 3.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
September 21, 2015 05:28AM
Ok Thanks I was told to use three different extruders
and do not check single extruder
Even if I use only one and conveyor 4
Why is the firmware I use MarlinKimba then think about the unique management of HE
I'm doing other tests may have to add a few lines in Gcode
starting'll keep you informed.

Thank you

www.saviot.com Stampante Prusa I3 R2.2 By Nicola P.
Ramps 1.4 Con FW MarlinKimba Fusore HE IeC 1.75mm Con Flusso Canalizzatore Estrusori BullDog XL
Piano maggiorato 240*311mm pilotato da SSR 24V con letto scaldante autocostruito
Lavori in Corso Prossimetro Autolivellamento Z Gestione Remota Raspberry PI 2 con OctoPrint
Rilevamento ottico Fine Filo Illuminazione e Visione AreaStampa Remotata In costruzione Trafilatore TL-Plastic
September 21, 2015 05:39AM
On firmware side you need 3 extruders I think. It is just that 3 extruder share one heater that make sit problematic. Not really a problem if you know what you are doing.

September 27, 2015 09:31AM
The problem is this, I had already pointed out some time ago.
If you have more extruders 4 for example, but for the piece you want to print only want to use extruder 2 and 3, so do not use 0 and 4, the resulting code after slicing is that they are used only T0 and T1. It seems as if repetier decides to always use the first extruder, if I need 2 use T0 and T1, if I need 3 will use T0 T1 T2 if I need 4 will use all 4.

This is the start gcode added in Cura Engine:

; Default start code
M80
{IF_EXT0}M104 T0 S{TEMP0}
{IF_EXT1}M104 T1 S{TEMP1}
{IF_EXT2}M104 T2 S{TEMP2}
{IF_EXT3}M104 T3 S{TEMP3}
G28 ; Home
G29 ; Autobed level
G0 X0 Y0 Z5 F8000 ; Out plane
{IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
M107 ; Turn off fan
G90 ; Absolute positioning
M82 ; Extruder in absolute mode
G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
; Wait for all used extruders to reach temperature
{IF_EXT0}M109 T0 S{TEMP0}
{IF_EXT1}M109 T1 S{TEMP1}
{IF_EXT2}M109 T2 S{TEMP2}
{IF_EXT3}M109 T3 S{TEMP3}

I select only T1 and T2 extruder and first for skirt is T2. Slicing width Cura Engine and this is what comes out.
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 15.01
; Default start code
M80
M104 T1 S210
M104 T2 S210
G28 ; Home
G29 ; Autobed level
G0 X0 Y0 Z5 F8000 ; Out plane
M190 S50
M107 ; Turn off fan
G90 ; Absolute positioning
M82 ; Extruder in absolute mode
G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
; Wait for all used extruders to reach temperature
M109 T1 S210
M109 T2 S210
;Layer count: 200
;LAYER:0
M107
G0 F9000 X55.613 Y60.518 Z0.300
;TYPE SKIRT
G1 F1800 X56.624 Y59.678 E0.06558

This is what comes out. As you see sect the temperature only of T1 and T2 which are the ones used, but not of T0 and T4, because they are not used.
But the skirt begins without selecting extruder therefore remains the default that is T0, more around the G-Code uses only T0 and T1 ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 09:32AM by MagoKimbra.

COMPRA ITALIANO - sostieni le nostre aziende - sostieni la nostra gente - sostieni il tuo popolo - sosterrai te stesso.
Alberto C. felice possessore di una Kossel K2
My Blog - My Thingiverse
September 27, 2015 09:41AM
Yes, that is in deed a problem with CuraENgine. You send all stls as commandline and thus curaengine starts with T0 always. For slic3r we could solve that problem in 1.5.6. Only problem here is the limit of 3 extruder for slic3r in the host. Need to upgrade this now slic3r can handle it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login