Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"z probe out bed" message

Posted by kd6hq 
"z probe out bed" message
July 03, 2015 04:45PM
I have done a search for this message and have only found 1 reference and it was not helpful.

I'm in the process of setting up a RAMPS 1.4 and Arduino 2560 board for a home built printer.

I am having difficulty setting up the Z-axis motor.

Currently everything is just setting in a test area and not actually in a printer.

The software that I use to print with is Repetier 1.0.6.
The X and Y motors are working as expected.
I have switch out the motors so I know that the one connected to the Z-axis if fully functional.
I have used the M119 command to make sure all the end stop switches are working properly.
I've also made sure that the bed dimensions both in Repetier and Marlin are the same.
They are X=240, Y =270 and Z=203.

On my Printrbot printer when using M501 command one of the settings that shows up is the M211
command showing the printer bed settings. But with Marlin the M211 command dose not show up
so I can't verify that my settings are what I think they are.

So here is what happens. While in Repetier when I click on the X, Y then Z home icons
the motors on X and Y spin until I press the limit switch. When I click on the Z home icon
I get the message "Z probe out bed". I understand that this message is telling me that the Z probe
is outside the bed area, but I can't figure out how? The only thing I can think of is that there is a
setting that I am missing or one that I don't understand.

Your help would be appreciated.

thanks
Re: "z probe out bed" message
July 04, 2015 03:04AM
What I do not understand is "Z probe out bed" because the firmware does not have this error message. Is this really what you get or did you change the message? Or did you get this with Marlin?

Homing does not do any z probing stuff, so you should never get a z probe message while homing. G30 could do but that is not z homing.

I also think you ruled firmwares as M211 is not implemented in Repetier. In repetier you simply open EEPROM editor to see all settings including length, z probing points etc.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 04, 2015 05:56AM
repetier
What I do not understand is "Z probe out bed" because the firmware does not have this error message. Is this really what you get or did you change the message? Or did you get this with Marlin?

Homing does not do any z probing stuff, so you should never get a z probe message while homing. G30 could do but that is not z homing.

I also think you ruled firmwares as M211 is not implemented in Repetier. In repetier you simply open EEPROM editor to see all settings including length, z probing points etc.

I suspect that the message is probably generated from Marlin, however it's reported in Repetier. As well at the M211 command when using a Printrboard. The attached screen shot shows the message.

This is why I am thinking I missed a setting somewhere.

I'm also realizing that I probably should have posted this in the firmware section, if I could move I would. Sorry about that.
Attachments:
open | download - Z probe error.JPG (223.2 KB)
July 04, 2015 08:23AM
Screenshot is definitively not from Repetier-Firmware so I can not say anything about this problem.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: "z probe out bed" message [Resolved]
July 04, 2015 02:57PM
Thank you - resolved.
July 13, 2016 01:05PM
How did you finally resolve the "Z probe out bed" message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login