Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How stop the Gcode (@pause like) from firmware?

Posted by nerivenman 
How stop the Gcode (@pause like) from firmware?
May 13, 2015 01:21PM
Hi,
How can I stop the Gcode reading from firmware command but maintein the printer connected (temperature reading etc..) exacly as a @Pause command?
I already try

GCode::executeFString(PSTR("@pause"));

but not work.......
It's possible tell at Repetier to start/stop to send gcode ?

in my particular case I'm receiving the Gcode with these functions in loop, but how can stop still receiving the temperaturature command from Repetier?
--loop-------------------
GCode::readFromSerial();
GCode *gcode = GCode::peekCurrentCommand();
gcode->popCurrentCommand();
-------------------------

Thank you!
Re: How stop the Gcode (@pause like) from firmware?
May 15, 2015 04:49AM
What currently works is sende

RequestPause: Some message

which will initalite "@pause Some message" on the host. So you can still use manual controls and temperatures get still polled, but print job stops being executed.

Next releases will also support full stop of communication with

// action:pause

and continue sending command

// action:continue

Then you get no commands at all including temperature update requests and manual commands. This is like just not returning/checking for new commands with the difference that the host knows it and will not timeout and send next command. We use this for filament change in latest 0.92.3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2015 04:50AM by repetier.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 15, 2015 06:39AM
Thank you very much!

That it's exactly what I need, last question and what about to restart ffom that pause?
I try to send again the same command(with @pause works) but here not restart.
Thank you again.
May 15, 2015 06:54AM
In deed. User needs to click the message on the host to continue. After all it is a request to execute host pause command. Maybe I'd also add a RequestContinue: to simulate the button check in case it was done in firmware. But that will work only in next release then.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
May 15, 2015 07:28AM
Ok Thankyou very much!
( I noticed that when I lunch a "RequestPause:" Repetier send some more comands before stop and shows some "lines" )
I can see that because I stop the printer at the end of a specific layer but Repetier send or trigger a little number og gcode lines.
May 15, 2015 08:25AM
Sure it does. It's just like @pause from host so it runs the pause script and at the end it goes back to start position.

April 05, 2016 03:22AM
hi,

is it possible to execute gcode commands from within the Firmware.
to save modifying the firmware, is there a mechanism to run GCode in the firmware ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login