Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host update of latest Slicer rev.

Posted by justcurious 
Repetier Host update of latest Slicer rev.
December 13, 2014 06:35AM
What is a safe way of updating RP installation with latest slicer revision?
This is related to Slic3R and Cura installation.
I can copy Curaengine from Cura stand alone installation with assumed necessary libs, but is this a safe way to do it and what about ini files used with RPH?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2014 06:35AM by justcurious.
Re: Repetier Host update of latest Slicer rev.
December 15, 2014 03:57AM
Current 1.0.6 has now latest cureengine image.

YOu can use several Slic3r versions at the same time. Just set a new slic3r instance in slicer manager and set your path. If you think you need it, you can even define a separate path for ini files there. Also 1.1.7 is the latest stable version. But for experimental version you might do that.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 15, 2014 04:55AM
Thankyou.
I did that with Slic3r to use dev version 1.2.1
But what about Cura?
I copied Cura engine from latest dev version ( 14.12-RC10) but files are different from files used by RH, so some improvisiation was needed and therefore the request, more dlll files to copy, replacing RH Cura installation and it seems to work, but...
December 15, 2014 05:37AM
I don't know how they compule CuraEngine. I compile it statically with no external libraries required. And downloading 1.0.6 gives you the fixes from a few days ago, also there are no new fetaures (which would need host changes to support them). In general I don't think it is a too good idea to use a different version since it is critical with unsupported options.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
December 15, 2014 05:48AM
Ok, I was not aware that RH 1.06 was repeatedly updated with latest CURA engine (14.12) in that case it may be more safe to re-update RH.

request:
I still need dual extruder temperature curves (LOL).
December 15, 2014 05:51AM
It was more a fix of the installer and with that I included the latest CuraEngine, also there were no new features. Normally it would get new version numbers.

Separate temperatures need time. I'm currently busy with server release :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2014 05:51AM by repetier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login