Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host and AzteegX5/Smoothie

Posted by sheepdog43 
Repetier Host and AzteegX5/Smoothie
October 12, 2014 08:08PM
I'm not sure at the exact moment it happened, however, 1.05 is not connecting to Smoothie on Windows 8.1 (and Windows 10)
0.9 works fine
0.95 works fine
1.05 recognizes that it's there, and will give an OK when you try to connect, however it will not actually connect. You get no error it just gives you the ok but does nothing.

I would check some of the RC releases, but I don't have any available.
Re: Repetier Host and AzteegX5/Smoothie
October 13, 2014 03:36AM
Have you set "reset on connect" to "Due native port". I think smoothie board behaves the same as due native port, which need dtr pin high for active communication (while the other types use it for resetting the board).

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 14, 2014 07:58AM
That did it, thanks!
December 15, 2016 03:47AM
repetier
Have you set "reset on connect" to "Due native port". I think smoothie board behaves the same as due native port, which need dtr pin high for active communication (while the other types use it for resetting the board).

I tried to use Due (RADDS) with native port on Repetier Server yesterday - to no avail. The port showed up in config, tried to connect but then the connection went from red to orange, stayed there for a while and returned to red. Today I received a Smoothieboard (clone) and might suffer the same issue all over again. So my question is, where do I find the mentioned option "reset on connect" to "Due native port" ?? Checked in Repetier Host > Printer Settings > Connection (and all other tabs)......is it obsolete?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 03:48AM by sgali.
December 15, 2016 04:12AM
Host/server always try to reset on connect so the setting is not there any more.

The problem is that the native port does not support reset. So depending on how you stopped last time it might be in a resend loop when you reconnect.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login