Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY/Hbot implementation bug?

Posted by zelogik 
CoreXY/Hbot implementation bug?
June 02, 2014 12:29PM
Hello,

I play with repetier firmware since many time, and before complain about repetier-firmware, I was thinking it's my hardware implementation the problem. And Bashlash problem more than software problem.

So after many consideration about my hardware I have try to print the same file/gcode with only two change:
-Change line #define DRIVE_SYSTEM from 1 to 0
-Divide the step/mm by square(2)

So print have the same size but the corexy system in cartesian mode print with 45°.

The print with CoreXY mode enabled with my coreXY printer where you can see that the distance between infill are not equally distanced at all:

The same printer, same slicer parameter, same firmware parameter (only step/mm) and drive_system changed. Where the distance between infill spacing is almost perfect;

Now the two printed part, the left one in cartesian mode, and the second one in H-gantry mode:

The layer at left are perfectly aligned (cartesian mode), where the right one (smallest tower) have a strange alignement of layer.

It's difficult to taking focused photo to see the imperfection, but I can try more if you want.

Best Regards.
ie: I think Marlin-firmware have the same bug.
Re: CoreXY/Hbot implementation bug?
June 02, 2014 04:55PM
I have the same bug (CoreXy custom made), i thought i was my steppingrate from HTD3M. angry smiley
Yeah marlin has the same bug.

Looks like every 2. layer has another position.

////////
/////////
////////
/////////
////////

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2014 04:56PM by Hux Flux.
June 02, 2014 05:00PM
@ Hux Flux: Repetier or Marlin for the firmware ?
June 02, 2014 05:05PM
At the moment Repetier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login