Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier 0.91 rev 7, h bot uneven stepping

Posted by sam80 
Repetier 0.91 rev 7, h bot uneven stepping
May 17, 2014 02:41PM
Hi everyone,

I'm getting problems setting up my custom printer with repetier 0.91 (used the online config wizard).
I am getting uneven stepping from the XY motors.

This is my setup:
Azteeg X3
Repetier firmware
Nema 17 motors
32 microstepping
320 mm/s configured for the motors
Drive system configured in repetier hbot

Everytime I move the axis, one motor is going slower. If I revert back to the 0.83 firmware, everything works again.
homing etc works.

Has anyone else experienced this ? and does anyone know what might be the culprit?

thanks smiling smiley

p.s. included the config file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 06:26PM by sam80.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (20.5 KB)
open | download - printerhbot.epr (3.5 KB)
Rav
Re: Repetier 0.91 rev 7, h bot uneven stepping
June 01, 2014 03:04PM
I have exactly same issue here with RADDS board confused smiley. have you found any fix for this?
thanks
June 02, 2014 04:10PM
The DRV8825 often used for 32 microstepping needs longer step high signals. So firmware is too fast. Solution is to set stepper high delay to 1 or 2us (RADDS). In online config tool you need to enable expert settings to see that option.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Rav
June 02, 2014 06:46PM
I'm using A4988 stepsticks, I have changed STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY like you suggested but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem, still one of the motors stepping seems to be lower than the other one. It's a bit weird and I'm not sure if it's related directly to the stepping.. for example when I move the carriage in the X+ direction the feedrate seems to be approx. 2x faster than when moving it in the X- direction. Moving it in the y axis in any of the directions either +y or -y is resulting in moving the carriage in the y (+ or -) axis plus moving it towards -x direction. I think this thread is related to our issue [forums.reprap.org]
Do you have any further suggestions? Thanks for your help!
Rav
June 16, 2014 04:24AM
it looks like someone else has exactly same issue [www.youtube.com] , I have probably tried all possible settings in repetier firmware but without luck so far..
June 16, 2014 09:15AM
@Rav With RADDS you should set "Frequency, where steps get grouped in double steps" to 50000 or even 70000. Also I still think higher STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY should work. With xy gantrys the timing is a bit more critical so maybe even values of 3 are required.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Rav
June 16, 2014 12:09PM
thanks Repetier, I have followed your suggestion and changed frequency for double steps to 50000 and 70000 and stepper_high_delay but it didn't change anything. I have even replaced stepsticks but this didn't change anything either :/. I have ordered another RAMPS board as i tested COREXY on my old one today and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if this issue is related to the firmware or to RADDS board itself, I will try standard cartesian firmware to see if I will get even steps for both axis.
Rav
June 16, 2014 12:20PM
I'm getting even steps for all axis when changed gantry style to Cartesian printer so the issue has to be somehow related to the corexy part of the firmware, @Repetier, do you have any further suggestions? thanks!
August 22, 2014 06:07PM
has this been resolved?
August 23, 2014 02:07AM
It was never defect. It always was a speed problem - firmware was to fast for stepper driver. So for core xy you need a stepper high delay of 1 or 2 depending on your stepper driver and if you use avr or due.

August 26, 2014 05:19PM
Good to know. Thanks for the fast response.
August 09, 2016 04:57AM
Hello,

what is exactly the reason that the core XY setup need a higher stepper high signal?

I have a DUE+Radds+RAPS128+CoreXY Setup (1/128 steps, ~3 µm/microstep)

If i set the stepper high signal from 2 to 3 or 4 the movement speed in X, Y is visible slower.
The movement seems also more jerky by higher delay values. In the slicer I have set alwas a printing speed of 100 mm/s.
But by 4 ms, it is definetly slower as 100 mm/s. By 2 ms it looks much faster.

Thank´s in advance.
August 09, 2016 10:17AM
For RAPS128 you do not need higher delays. Here a delay of 0 is enough. The problem are DRV... chips requiring 1.7us high signal to detect a step. Wie due and even with avr for core we are faster so they do not get recogniced and it looks like you are loosing steps.

August 15, 2016 08:41AM
thank´s for your answer. Now it´s running much smoother without any stops by round-shapes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2016 09:36AM by Flugrausch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login