Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Firmware backlash compensation issue?

Posted by DKAutomation 
Repetier Firmware backlash compensation issue?
February 04, 2014 07:38PM
Hi All,

I was trying to setup the backlash compensation through the "Repetier-Firmware configuration tool for version 0.91 Rev 4" website on my Delta printer. So I was using the manual control in the Repertier host and dial indicator to get to know how much backlash each stage and I got about 50um.

So I checked the "Enable backlash compensation " box and filled the backlash for 50um, downloaded the configuration.h and reuploaded the firmware with the Arduino IDE. And then when I checked the result (using manual control motion in the Repetier host again) I did not see any different at all. I even tried to change the backlash value to 200um just wanted to know if I see any different, but I see no different at all. So seems anynumber I changed did not reflected at all on the system.

fyi I am current set the EEPROM set 1.

can anyone enlight me what I did wrong? I really appreciate it. thank you!
Re: Repetier Firmware backlash compensation issue?
February 05, 2014 09:25AM
Backlash does not work on delta printers. It is only for plain cartesian printers.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 05, 2014 11:12AM
ah... thank you!
I guess I need to work on a better mechanical then.
January 04, 2016 05:36AM
repetier
Backlash does not work on delta printers. It is only for plain cartesian printers.

Hi, can you explain how it works "Enable backlash compensation (ENABLE_BACKLASH_COMPENSATION)" ??

in defoult this option is on ???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login