Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mac host v0.56 freezing at startup?

Posted by soup nazi 
Mac host v0.56 freezing at startup?
February 04, 2014 03:03AM
Hi all.

For the last few months I'd been printing flawlessly on my mac with version 0.56.

Suddenly though, the program has started freezing as soon as I open it. I hadn't changed/added/deleted anything from my mac. It's not "freezing" as such, because I can still press "printer settings" or "preferences" and bring up the window. It's just like I've taken a screen shot of the program at startup, where the pop-up windows still work, but the main interface is frozen and unresponsive.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

Cheers!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 03:06AM by soup nazi.
Re: Mac host v0.56 freezing at startup?
February 04, 2014 04:36AM
Sometimes the preferences file (homedir/Library/Preferences) gets corrupted having strange results on the executable. Try renaming it as a test. Don't remember the name but it has repetier in it, so you should recognice it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 04, 2014 05:38AM
Thanks for your reply!

Are you referring to a PC? I'm using a Mac I can't find anywhere in the system library where Repetier has created a folder or anything.
February 04, 2014 06:12AM
No I'm refering to mac but Library is a hidden directory in your home folder, so you need to enable viewing them. I'm not talking about global Library.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 04, 2014 12:27PM
same thing happened to me
i delete all pref and still not working
February 05, 2014 03:06AM
Ahh yep I found it, renamed it and still no deal. Tried deleting it also.

Okay another weird thing that's going on. The window is still frozen and unresponsive, but if I attempt to spin the 3D view, then minimize the window, when I open it back up, the view is where I moved it to! Don't know if that made sense.
February 05, 2014 09:04AM
So it is only the 3d view that freezes and the rest works normally? That would indicate a problem with triggering the refresh.

What os and computer are you using? It it a retina display? Seems like retina has more often problems then normal display.

February 05, 2014 04:28PM
repetier
So it is only the 3d view that freezes and the rest works normally?
No, everything is frozen. Eg, I can't switch between Object Placement/Slicer/G-Code/Print Panel.

repetier
What os and computer are you using? It it a retina display?
Model Name: MacBook Pro 13"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro 10,2
System Version: OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Display Type: Retina LCD
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
February 06, 2014 07:41PM
soup nazi
repetier
So it is only the 3d view that freezes and the rest works normally?
No, everything is frozen. Eg, I can't switch between Object Placement/Slicer/G-Code/Print Panel.

same thing
Model Name: MacBook Pro 13"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro 10,2
System Version: OS X 10.9.1
Processor Name: dual-core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Display Type: Retina LCD
Chipset Model: Intel Iris Graphics
February 11, 2014 07:12AM
Okay so I've "fixed" the issue. When repetier said it happens more often with retina displays, I wondered what would happen if I viewed it on my TV via HDMI. Voila! It worked again! So then I disconnected and viewed it back on my retina display and it's been working ever since!
February 17, 2014 01:40AM
I just spent the whole day chasing the same problem. everything worked fine for a week then this morning repetier started doing its weird things you all have said. Only the top bars worked sort of and the screen would get degraded. What FIXED IT, click finder,applications,right click repetier-host, click get info, check low resolution in the general section and everything works like it should. I don't know what changed as it was working fine the way it was!!!!!! MAC 10.85, SOLIDOODLE4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 01:45AM by CobbCrawler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login