Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis crashing into the bed instead of moving away

Posted by sam80 
Z axis crashing into the bed instead of moving away
December 20, 2013 05:25AM
Hi guys

I'm having a little bit of a problem with my setup, I'm running it on a AzteegX3 with repetier firmware on it. The homing for all the axis goes well, but when it starts printing it moves the z axis into the head each layer instead of moving away from it. Now I have tried inverting and reversing it to get it to work, and it does work, but then the controls on the host for the Z axis are inverted.

so my dilemma now is;
- Host control for the z axis work properly ( press up goes up, down for down) but the bed crashed into head during print instead of moving away from it
- or host control for the z axis are inverted ( press up goes down, down for up) and the print starts good and I will get a good print.

Is there a way I can fix this? the z axis motor is placed on the top of the printer, the printer is like the ultimaker but the z axis stepper motor is placed on the top instead at the bottom. I don't want to rearrange the stepper motor so I am wondering whether there is a way to fix this either in the firmware or in the repetier host software.

thanks!

p.s. I think I originally posted this in the wrong section, so I put it here instead as it is both repetier host and firmware related problem
Re: Z axis crashing into the bed instead of moving away
December 20, 2013 05:41AM
Sounds like you are misinterpreting the z-axis buttons on the host.

Arrows up increase distance of bed-extruder. Some printer will go up with the extruder and other like ultimaker go down with the bed instead. Do not try to make it work like you want - that will give exactly the problem you now have.

As a simple test do home min, which should have the extruder on the bed. Then enter
G1 Z1 F100

and distance should increase. In that case the directions of firmware are correct.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 20, 2013 01:21PM
"Arrows up increase distance of bed-extruder."

Yes this is indeed the case, arrow up increases the distance between the bed and extruder, and arrow down decreases the distance between the bed and extruder. yet , yes, visually the bed goes down when you press the up button (increase in bed-extruder distance).

so this is normal and the firmware settings were correct, my interpretation of the host button was only wrong ? smiling smiley
December 20, 2013 01:47PM
sam80
"Arrows up increase distance of bed-extruder."

Yes this is indeed the case, arrow up increases the distance between the bed and extruder, and arrow down decreases the distance between the bed and extruder. yet , yes, visually the bed goes down when you press the up button (increase in bed-extruder distance).

so this is normal and the firmware settings were correct, my interpretation of the host button was only wrong ? smiling smiley

Yes, I think that was the problem.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 20, 2013 02:01PM
thanks for the fast reply and support on your firmware/host software, keep up the good work!thumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login