Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament Feed Rate

Posted by RobGer 
Filament Feed Rate
May 10, 2013 11:21PM
I must be blind as i can't seem to find where to change /cal the filament feed rate.
Where is this done in Repetier software?

Help appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2013 01:36AM by RobGer.
Re: Filament Feed Rate
May 11, 2013 02:36AM
The filament feed rate is always bound to the movement feed rate. In manual control you can change the flow rate multiplier, which gets multiplied with the feed rate for extrusion calculation. All other settings can only be found within the slicer configurations.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 12, 2013 09:04AM
I have been adjusting EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM in Config file to cal filament extruded.
Is this correct?

// for skeinforge 40 and later, steps to pull the plasic 1 mm inside the extruder, not out. Overridden if EEPROM activated.
//#define EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM 352.5
May 12, 2013 09:18AM
im not sure but i think if you have the EEPROM activated it will not make a difference if you change the steps in your config file. you have to go into your repetier host program then click the config tab and pick Firmware EEprom configuration and changy what you need to in there. i could be wrong can someone verify smiling smiley
May 12, 2013 09:45AM
I have the EEProm deactivated and trying to make the changes directly in config file but not sure which variable to change in code.
May 12, 2013 10:17AM
At least EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM is the right parameter, regardless if you do it from eeprom or directly.

Make a mark above the extruder, measure distance to extruder and extruder 100mm. Then the mark should be 100mm closer to the extruder or you have to recalc the value. For finding the right value you can use the flow multiplyer, which multiplies the distance. So setting 200 steps to 220 steps is the same as setting flow multiplyer from 100 to 110%. When you have your value, put it into the config to always start with right configuration.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 12, 2013 10:29AM
Got it.
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login