Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual printing issue..

Posted by pezzer2003 
Dual printing issue..
April 12, 2013 03:46AM
Just to start off, I love this program... I can't thank the developers enough for there work with it.
But....
I am having issues with larger files and dual printing, I have been trying to print "Traffic Cone (Dual Extrusion)" [www.thingiverse.com].
I used the "combine multi STL" in Slic3r and made the gcode from there. I load it into Repetier and it looks good in the Gcode editor with the second extruder shown as offset.
It all starts OK, but after some time the change between extruders stops working correctly, the program will track the plotted Gcode with the wrong extruder and be extruding with the correct one. It's really frustrating as the preview looks good. This is only happening to the second extruder.

I have run smaller tests with 10mm cubes [www.thingiverse.com] and it worked fine.

I am running my printer of my laptop, straight off the program. I have only tried to dual print with version 0.84, I am going to set it all backup and try with the new version this weekend.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Matt
Re: Dual printing issue..
April 12, 2013 08:59AM
I have no dual extruder so far, so no personal experiance. What I've seen so far is, that Slic3r sometimes inserts T34234 or other completely wrong extruder ids with multi extruder setups. Check your generated g-code if this is also the case with your cones. Maybe the host viewer and firmware interpret wrong ids differently.

In the new host there are some dual extrusion viewing errors fixed, so updating is good and it has a newer slic3r. You will notice that the plater in slic3r is gone. To enable it open Slic3r setup in the host and select version 0.9.8.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 12, 2013 09:43AM
Cool, All updated.
Will re-slice and have another go this weekend.

I will also have a look at changing my Firmware to the Repetier Version, I'm running a heavily modified Marlin Version. So there might be some issues with it maybe?

Thanks for your help,

Matt
April 12, 2013 09:55AM
If it is slicer inserting nonsense Txxx commands it may also fail, if slicer generates correct data it may be a firmware issue. Hard to say.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
April 14, 2013 07:04AM
repetier thanks,

I loaded the latest version of Repetier and Slic3r. With this I re-sliced the original STL and compared it to the original slice and the original had the T0 and T1 mixed up... The new slice worked great, Repetier followed the Gcode great with only with one glitch. So happy with the result.

Thanks again..

Matt
April 17, 2013 05:00AM
Hi

Which firmware do you use?

I have been trying to find a firmware that supports dual extruders but i failed.
April 17, 2013 05:02AM
Apperently he used Repetier-Firmware 0.82.2 which support up to 6 extruder, also I only heard reports for 2 extruder.

April 20, 2013 05:12AM
I am using a highly modified version of Repetier-Firmware. I still have issues with the SD function but it is good.
I Tried again amd Slic3r is still mucking up the T0 and T1 codes. Some times it get's it right, but most of the time I have to go back through the gcode to fix it.

Cheers,

Matt
April 22, 2013 11:50AM
Hi

After trying different firmwares to use my dual extruder printer, now I am trying with Repetier-Firmware, I can heat the two hotends separately but I can´t control my second extruder stepper.

Did you make some changes from the original Repetier firmware regarding this issue?

Has anybody have the same issue?

I also found an error with the pins.h configuration, I´m using a megatronics v2 and the pins for the second heater and the bed heater where mixed.

Thank you!
April 22, 2013 12:49PM
Check the eeprom settings for your second extruder. Perhaps steps per mm is 0.

April 23, 2013 03:08AM
Hi!

It was the eeprom settings! I changed the value steps per mm and also to eeprom mode 0

Thank you for your help

Greetings

Auritz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login