Posted by leadinglights 
Repetier can't change parameters
March 15, 2013 01:03PM
Printer = Rostock,
Repetier Firmware = 0.81
Board = Arduino Mega2560/Ramps1.4
Computer = Windows XP (also Ubuntu)
Arduino = 1.0.3 on windows and 1.0.4 on Ubuntu

I have got as far as getting all axis moving in the right direction, but am getting twice as much movement as is needed. Obviously the steps per revolution in Configuration.h needed changing from 200 to 400, but no luck. Then I couldn't change the behaviour of the end stops - and the baud rate is now stuck at 250,000. Arduino seems to think that it is programming O.K., but nothing changes. I have now tried this on a second board and with another computer, but no difference.

Any thoughts?
Re: Repetier can't change parameters
March 15, 2013 01:13PM
I bet you have eeprom enabled. As the docs say, new versions take parameter from eeprom not from configuration.h. You can set them in eeprom-settings in Repetier-Host when connected. If connection doesn't work you have to change EEPROM_MODE to a different value to overwrite with configuration.h values.

To reinitalize from configuration.h you can also use:
M502

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 15, 2013 03:25PM
Thanks, that did it - I will have to remember to think first before going into auto - change boards mode. One question though, where can I find the documentation on the firmware?

Thanks again,

Mike
March 15, 2013 06:24PM
Doc,entation is on my homepage. See footer of this message.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login