Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Job finished notification

Posted by MPower 
Job finished notification
February 21, 2013 03:14PM
Is there some way to trigger an external program when the Repetier host finishes the job? I am trying to get email or sms notifications every time a job is complete.
Thanks
Re: Job finished notification
February 22, 2013 03:30AM
Currently not possible, but will come in future.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 22, 2013 04:44AM
That will be a good addition.

In the meantime, I see there also is a repetier server. I didn't use it yet, but I see it is a PHP flavor. Is this an working server and does it receive job finished notifications? I could simply tweak the PHP scripts to notify me.
February 23, 2013 03:12AM
It is working, but daemon mode only works on linux so far. Mac and Windows daemon modes are not ready.
The files have a php ending but are no php files! But the nice thing is you can get infos in form of json lists with a simple poll. So you could write a script that polls he messages every x seconds and mails you new messages, as the notification of a finished job is a simple message string like the pause message or error message. For the format see the readme where all data commands are described.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 23, 2013 03:25AM
The only problem would be that I can't seem to find an option to "link" the repetier-host to the repetier-server. I mean there is no option for server IP and everything.
February 23, 2013 10:00AM
Until now the server is stand alone and run through a web interface. The host connection will follow in one of the next releases.

February 23, 2013 10:07AM
Oh.. I thought it was fully functional already smiling smiley
Waiting on the complete release then.
March 15, 2013 11:07AM
Any progress on the server dev?
March 15, 2013 12:41PM
@MPower :-)

I have managed to use a batch file in Windows to generate email messages that can go to a cell phone service's email gateway so I can get SMS messages that are included in that batch file. Verizon, for instance, uses 1234567890@vtext.com for whoever might have a (123) 456-7890 phone number. (U.S.A. phone number). Other carriers would likely have similar numbers.

I haven't worked out the process for actually triggering the batch file like com port monitoring or job complete sound file accessing. Consequently, I'm not "Condition Green" on this goal either, but perhaps you know how to do this. It would be rather Kudgy but seems like it would work. :-)

If you are interested in knowing how I got the batch file working, I'll go dig out the details. :-)
March 15, 2013 12:52PM
Creating the notification handler would not be a problem. I will code some exe that will email/text me. The problem is that we need this handler to be triggered by Repetier host, once the job is done. This will probably be implemented by either future versions or by the server release.

Monitoring doesn't sound like a good choice, since it is an emulated COM port. With the right code you can eventually sniff the data being sent/received over an already open COM - you cannot read/write to it using traditional methods while Repetier host is connected already, but it's too much trouble for something that hopefully future versions of Repetier host will perform by default. I would rather read the status of the "Run Job" button - active or disabled/grayed out.
March 15, 2013 12:54PM
I could add an
@execute cmd arg1 arg2

command that would call a batch file and then continues sending data (or not, if job is finished). Would use the same also for the host to keep the syntax identical an all systems. You could then put that call into the end script for your printer. That way no trigger is needed.

March 15, 2013 12:58PM
Wait.. is this already available, or are talking about future features? smiling smiley

Anyway, yes, that works great for me. The triggered cmd would then handle everything else, once it is being executed.
March 15, 2013 01:04PM
Much les Kludgy than my idea. Not Kludgy at all. Would be very cool.

I could make the batch file send me an SMS on my phone and then launch a media application and play an MP3 of "Daylight Come and Me Wanna Go Home" (seems appropriate for a machine that has finished its task) or the the Star Wars Imperial March. (less appropriate but still fun) ;-)

I think MPower is right, it is best to simply wait for good things to come. :-)
March 15, 2013 01:10PM
It is a propsal to add it, so no it is not included. But hearing your answers it is now accepted for one of the next releases if I remember it:-)

March 19, 2013 02:17PM
Dont wanna bug you too much, but please consider adding @execute and @sound with " ; " prefix, so it will be considered comments by other interpreters, for purpose of compatibility and so on.
March 19, 2013 03:51PM
@NoobMan from the next release on all host commands can also used like ;@ at the line start.

@execute will be included in 0.85. It's already written :-)

March 20, 2013 07:07AM
Tyvm smileys with beer
October 15, 2014 05:24PM
I have just started using the @execute command to send myself emails on print status at random points I am interested in.

I am curious about the argument values... how would I send current layer, ETA, or any other printer information? There is Gcode to query it, but how do you get the returned value into a variable to pass out to the batch file?
October 16, 2014 03:44AM
There are no dynamic arguments for @execute, only these you add manually.

April 17, 2018 08:55AM
Hello,

I came up with a solution for your printer to alert you when your model is printed using a buzzer.

[www.youtube.com]

You can find it here:
[www.thingiverse.com]

Hope it helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login