Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-probing and auto leveling

Posted by ggregory8 
Z-probing and auto leveling
September 25, 2013 06:28PM
Hi,

I'm sure this is documented somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Has z-probing and auto z level compensation been implemented in Repetier firmware yet (for a cartesian printer)?

I have seen numerous threads suggested that it has been. And on the github site that it was going to be implemented a few months back.

Can anyone provide an update about this and where I may find information on it. Sorry if it is blatantly obvious somewhere, but I lack the skills to find it smiling smiley

Thanks,
Glenn
Re: Z-probing and auto leveling
September 26, 2013 10:29AM
No, it is not that obvious. It is in contained in the development version on github. But you are not the first to ask, so I wrote a documentation for it. You find it here:

http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/z-probing/

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 26, 2013 07:35PM
Great, thank you very much! Exactly what I was after.

Thank you.
September 27, 2013 11:25AM
I've got the development version from github. I did a test compile on the original and it compiles in Arduino IDE 1.0.5. As soon as I change DRIVE_SYSTEM from 3 to 0 then it will not compile and gives a "call of overloaded 'max(double, double)' is ambiguous" error. as shown in the attached .

Bad line:
p->distance = RMath::max(sqrt(xydist2 + axis_diff[Z_AXIS] * axis_diff[Z_AXIS]),fabs(axis_diff[E_AXIS]));

Error log:
motion.cpp: In static member function 'static void PrintLine::queueCartesianMove(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
motion.cpp:214: error: call of overloaded 'max(double, double)' is ambiguous
/Repetier.h:262: note: candidates are: static float RMath::max(float, float)
/Repetier.h:270: note:                 static long int RMath::max(long int, long int)
/Repetier.h:278: note:                 static int RMath::max(int, int)
/Repetier.h:286: note:                 static unsigned int RMath::max(unsigned int, unsigned int)
motion.cpp:216: error: call of overloaded 'max(double, double)' is ambiguous
/Repetier.h:262: note: candidates are: static float RMath::max(float, float)
/Repetier.h:270: note:                 static long int RMath::max(long int, long int)
/Repetier.h:278: note:                 static int RMath::max(int, int)
/Repetier.h:286: note:                 static unsigned int RMath::max(unsigned int, unsigned int)

Any idea what the cause of this is. Any suggestions to try?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 11:29AM by ggregory8.
September 27, 2013 11:37AM
That error was fixed an hour ago. Please use the latest version of printer.h and motion.cpp now available.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login