Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems on Debian

Posted by dslc 
Problems on Debian
March 11, 2012 10:46PM
Have just installed Repetier according to instructions on Debian, but am receiving the following error on Startup.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in this context
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SetDisplay (IntPtr display_handle) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.GetInstance () [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI..cctor () [0x00000] in :0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles () [0x00000] in :0 
  at RepetierHost.Program.Main () [0x00000] in :0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested address is not valid in this context
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SetDisplay (IntPtr display_handle) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.GetInstance () [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI..cctor () [0x00000] in :0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles () [0x00000] in :0 
  at RepetierHost.Program.Main () [0x00000] in :0
Re: Problems on Debian
March 12, 2012 04:14AM
I have it running under Debian squeeze with mono 2.6.7.
Looks like some parts of mono are missing. Try installing "Mono development". This should have all needed mono libraries as dependency. If you have a older debian release you might need a newer version (haven't tested the minimum version needed).

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 12, 2012 05:18AM
Hi Repetier,

I already have the mono development libraries installed in fact. I'm running Debian Sid however, and it seems I have a later (2.8.6 ?) version of the monodevelop package installed.

However, while the 2.8.6 version of the monodevelop package is installed, the rest of the mono libraries are version 2.10.8 for some reason. Might this be the cause of the problem?

(I installed the packages via apt and as far as I can tell my sources.list file is OK).
March 12, 2012 06:28AM
The main problem is, that the error doesn't occur in my code but in some mono libs that are used for form handling. It's searching some function it expects to have but doesn't succeed. So i would say something with your mono istallation is wrong. Perhaps some libs are mixed and overwritten by the newer/older - who knowns.

I would try deinstalling all mono packages and reinstall one version. One problem may be that you have still some original older sid mono pages somewhere, too. Debian has often different configurations then native packages loaded directly from the vendor. Could also cause some problems.

How could you get newer mono packages with sid if squeeze still has 2.6.7? Check your sources perhaps you have additional non sid repositories for newer updates?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
March 12, 2012 09:35AM
Hi Repetier,

Remarkably, the software is running now! smiling smiley I'm embarassed to say I don't know what steps on my part actually resolved the issue - I made a number of package changes without documenting them. It might have simply been after I rebooted the computer that it started working. (I gave up on it before going to college this morning, then looked at it again after a lecture - lo and behold it was working!)

It still isn't communicating with the Gen7 board properly but that's a separate issue.

Clarification: I'm running Debian Wheezy. Maybe that's not the same as sid at the moment - I always get mixed up about that. Wheezy is what I have in my sources.list anyway.

repetier
How could you get newer mono packages with sid if squeeze still has 2.6.7?

I don't understand - Wheezy and sid are bound to have newer versions of packages, aren't they?

Thanks for your time - and the software. (I might start a separate thread about the problems I'm having using Repetier with a Gen7 v 1.3.1 board.)

david
March 12, 2012 09:38AM
Wheezy is the next upcoming debian version, so it is newer than Squeeze. If I'm right the debian versions were sid, lenny, squeeze, wheezy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login