Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetior Firmware and SD Card

Posted by rwskinner 
Repetior Firmware and SD Card
February 27, 2012 04:39PM
What do wee need to do to get filenames on the SDCard to display properly when using the Arduino 1.0 IDE & Libs? Instead of letters the filenames are digits. Something regarding the behavior of print has been changed and it needs to be changed to .write in the SDFatUtils.h file.

Also, what is different about the SD libs included in the repetior folder in regards to the "factory" SD files that come with the Arduino package?

I think that is the only item I found broke when moving from Arduino 0023 to 1.0

Richard
Re: Repetior Firmware and SD Card
February 28, 2012 03:11AM
The main difference between the two implementations is the version and the included version has a conditional compile.

The problem with the filenames is unknown to me. I used Arduino 1.0 and hat no problems, but I'm sure my internal version is used. Have to check if I disabled the arduino version for this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 03, 2012 02:56AM
Did you find anything out regarding the SD card filename issue? Filenames display fine when compiled with Arduino 0023 but when compiled with 1.0 they are the Numerals instead of letters.

Thanks,
Richard
March 03, 2012 03:49AM
I'm quite sure it is the serial communication class, because this happens only to the Boards with native Arduino 1.0 support.
I hope to finish my RAMPS with SD card today, so I can test and correct it myself.
As you already pointed out all print(char) have to be changed to write(char) but I didn't want to do this without a method of checking. Don't want to change the wrong prints like printing file sizes. Especially SdFile.cpp needs this, because here your directory listing is created.
I will release an update as soon as finish this. If my RAMPS has no errors I think it will be this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
March 03, 2012 07:07AM
Uploaded version 0.51 where sd card now gives the correct results.
The configuration.h changed a bit. Search for ENDSTOPS_INVERTING in your existing and replace it with ENDSTOP_... as written in the new config.

March 03, 2012 09:40AM
Yes sir, that fixed the SD Directory listing! Thanks again for such great software and firmware. Excellent!!!

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login