Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] Problem with Gen7 1.3.1 and Repetier Firmware

Posted by ThierryM 
[Solved] Problem with Gen7 1.3.1 and Repetier Firmware
February 24, 2012 11:34AM
Hi,
I tried the last Repetier firmware (0.49 downloaded the 23/02/2012) but I didn't succeed to make work my Prusa V2 with an Gen7 1.3.1 motherboard under Ubuntu 11.10 and Arduino 0.22 (Ubuntu version). I used Repetier Host and Pronterface but the result is the same.
Before, the Teacup firmware was working.
I followed the explications on the wiki and in the file "configuration.h" (the comments are very useful) but nothing happens.
There is the informations that I wrote :
- MOTHERBOARD 7
- BED true.
- EEPROM 0
- I have tested several BaudRates (115200, 57600,...).
- When I used Pronterface I have commented out the 3 lines (like explained in the wiki).
- I have indicated the thermistor table 1 (and option 6 selected) for the extruder and the hotbed (same thermistor).
- The firmware load is OK.

But under Pronterface (or Repetier Host), I succeed in connecting but nothing happens : impossible to move manually and the temperature doesn't change : 315 or 321 for the extruder and 8 for the hotbed. The leds are off.
Screen capture of Pronterface

So have you got an idea of my issue ? Is this beeween the keyboard and the chair grinning smiley or raher somewhere else ?
Thanks for your lightning, regards,

Thierry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 06:24PM by ThierryM.

Prusa V2 + Ramps 1.4 (Marlin Firmware) avec autolevelling bed, écran LCD et alimentation à 24V + Raspberry Pi Model B (pour impression autonome) / Pronterface + Slic3r sous Ubuntu 14.04 / Niveau : Pratiquant / Localisation : Lézignan-Corbières (Aude, France)
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier_Firmware_Pronterface.png (182.5 KB)
Re: Problem with Gen7 1.3.1 and Repetier Firmware
February 24, 2012 01:44PM
Hi,

from your screenshot I see your temperatures are wrong. This is normally a configuration problem, especially if it works with teacup.
You said:
> - I have indicated the thermistor table 1 (and option 6 selected) for the extruder and the hotbed (same thermistor).
I guess you wanted to use a self defined table. Have you changed also
#define NUM_TEMPS_USERTHERMISTOR1 0
#define USER_THERMISTORTABLE1  {}

If you don't change them accordingly, you get nonsense from the temperature input, like you do. If this wasn't your problem I need the configuration.h to check for other possibilities.

As long as you get too high temperatures, the heater will not turn on. Thats normal.

Is the temperature the only thing not working?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 24, 2012 02:15PM
I just tried with pronterface, connects etc as you describe, I think the problem is that pronterface isn't turning on the power supply. Manually sending a M80 turns it on and It all seems to work ok.

Paul

Paul

Mendel prusa, homemade Gen7 on stripboard

'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing' - Alexander Pope
February 24, 2012 05:53PM
Hi Repetier and Paul,
Thanks for your help.

repetier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > - I have indicated the thermistor table 1 (and
> option 6 selected) for the extruder and the hotbed
> (same thermistor).
> I guess you wanted to use a self defined table.
> Have you changed also
>
> #define NUM_TEMPS_USERTHERMISTOR1 0
> #define USER_THERMISTORTABLE1 {}
>
>
> If you don't change them accordingly, you get
> nonsense from the temperature input, like you do.
You see clearly : I haven't changed the value for NUM_TEMPS_USERTHERMISTOR1. So I have changed the 0 by 28 (the numbers of my values).

> As long as you get too high temperatures, the
> heater will not turn on. Thats normal.
But at the beginning the temperature is always wrong (the same under Teacup) and few seconds after, the value is good.
> Is the temperature the only thing not working?
No nothing is working but P4LIL has found the solution : the command M80 succeed to "wake" my motherboard and the heaters work (the temperature display seems wrong but we are making progress).

P4LIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I just tried with pronterface, connects etc as you describe,
> I think the problem is that pronterface isn't turning on
> the power supply. Manually sending a M80 turns it on and It all seems to work ok.
You are totally right : the command M80 succeeded to "wake" my motherboard and now I can move manually my axis X,Y,Z.

But now, I don't know what I have changed, I have an other problem : when I connect I have continually the message on the console "Brown out Reset". No problem with Teacup.
So I'm going to download an other original Repetier firmware file (without my changes) and reinstall it to see if this new issue disappears.

One more time thanks a lot for your help and I keep you informed about my progress.
Regards,

Thierry

Prusa V2 + Ramps 1.4 (Marlin Firmware) avec autolevelling bed, écran LCD et alimentation à 24V + Raspberry Pi Model B (pour impression autonome) / Pronterface + Slic3r sous Ubuntu 14.04 / Niveau : Pratiquant / Localisation : Lézignan-Corbières (Aude, France)
February 24, 2012 06:24PM
Great !!! With a newer version of the firmware, my last issue disappeared.
So under Pronterface, I need always to send manually the command M80 to "wake" my gen7.
For the choise of the thermistance, for now I have indicated the value 1 (100k) and it seems correct.
The temperature of the extruder change immediatly (it grows rapidly) but for the hotbed, it grows 1or 2 minutes after but it works too : it's like under Teacup, there is a gap between the displaying of the 2 temperatures.

So the good new, it's that I succeeded to print with the Repetier firmware (with Slic3r).
Thanks a lot Repetier and P4LIL for your useful help.
Regards,

Thierry

Re: [Solved] Problem with Gen7 1.3.1 and Repetier Firmware
February 24, 2012 06:47PM
Try Repetier host, it's good! Remember that you need to click power on, in the manual control tab to turn the power on, after you have clicked connect, similar method to pronterface

Paul

Paul

Mendel prusa, homemade Gen7 on stripboard

'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing' - Alexander Pope
Re: [Solved] Problem with Gen7 1.3.1 and Repetier Firmware
February 24, 2012 06:57PM
I added a button on Pronterface to switch on (M80) and to switch off (M81) to make the working easier.
On Repetier Host (V0.35), I had to click twice on the button Power to switch on.
My Baudrate is 115200 under the 2 interfaces (Pronterface and Repetier Host).

Thierry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login