Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to retrieve slic3r config from a hard-drive?

Posted by khondoke 
How to retrieve slic3r config from a hard-drive?
May 03, 2018 07:50PM
Hello, the motherboard of my laptop is gone. However the hard-disk seems fine. I used this laptop for my printer for a long time and developed printing parameters /slicing parameters using Slic3r. Is there anyway that I can retrieve the config files of slic3r. I used Repetier-Host along with built-in slic3r for printing. I badly need those configurations. Can anybody advice me, please? Thanks in advance.
Re: How to retrieve slic3r config from a hard-drive?
May 03, 2018 08:14PM
You need to determine if it is a sata Hdd then. How did the laptop stop working??? This will not work it the Laptop died because of a crashed Hdd.

The easiest way is with a Hard Disk Docking Station

Remove the Laptop Hard Drive - Connect the Hard Drive Station Via USB to your desktop - Slide the Laptop Sata Hdd into the Docking Station then turn on the docking station.
It should show up like a CD/DVD or SD card then you can retrieve data from the drive

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2018 08:18PM by Roberts_Clif.
May 04, 2018 01:08AM
Many thanks Roberts_Clif,

Yes, I thought of that. However, I am not sure which directory I can get Slic3r settings. I was wondering, will I actually be able to get those configuration file somewhere in C-drive from that hard-drive? Thanks again.
May 04, 2018 03:20AM
You'd have to start slic3r from the docking station and use the "export profiles" function.
May 14, 2018 05:09PM
Another option: if you still have some recent gcode files, you should be able to extract the settings they used by doing File->Load Config. This certainly works in Slic3rPE, I'm not sure about the standard edition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login