Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first layer with rectilinear has holes

Posted by ruggb 
first layer with rectilinear has holes
December 06, 2017 11:22AM
If I use rectilinear as an infill, there are holes in the beginning and end of the fill. not good.
I have not noticed this before and I assume it was because I had the extrusion multiplier set at 1. I reduced it to 0.96 to solve a messy first layer and get proper dimensions.
But now the print is exactly like the picture. I can count 10 holes either side of the beginning void also. I am not sure that increasing the overlap will fix that.

Since this is what Slic3r produces, that would indicate Slic3r needs a different strategy. Compensating the flow to fill in holes Slic3r creates does not seem right.

What do you think?
Re: first layer with rectilinear has holes
December 06, 2017 09:15PM
Apparently there are things in a model that seem to divert slic3r's attention. I was getting the cannot close holes with xx points messages. I redid some parts of the model one by one and eventually found the things that were giving me the can't close errors and when I looked at this issue again it seemed to be resolved. I haven't tried a real print yet, but the picture appears to close these holes now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login